Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Buzzing sound  (Read 2343 times)

BMAN

Buzzing sound
« on: February 20, 2008, 11:30:42 PM »
Right, so I have a cable that has a headphone plug on one end (for the laptop) and an RCA AV end to plug into my receiver or amp. I get a buzzing sound everytime (with some recognisable noise). Not likely a hardware issue, but I was curious as to know whether or not someone would know the cause of this sound.

geoff-h3o

Rookie

Re: Buzzing sound
    « Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 01:58:48 AM »
    I'm not an expert in this  but maybe it's an earth problem - have you tried a different cable,  or plugging the cable in to another amp ( or another input on the same amp?)

BMAN

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 04:47:20 PM »
    The cable works on all other devices. And I've tried plugging the laptop into a few other speakers and stuff as well.  Could it have something to do with the surrounding environment?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 04:53:00 PM »
    RF can come in many forms including but not limited to cordless phones, microwaves, stereo equipment etc.....
    Still could be a grounding problem though.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BMAN

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 10:57:49 PM »
    Yah I have no idea what it could possible be. A certain type of material, like some sort of metal perhaps?

geoff-h3o

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 04:49:17 AM »
       If its not the cable and  its not the laptop maybe the amp,or those particular inputs? Presumably the amp works with other devices?

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
        • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 10:09:54 AM »
      RF can come in many forms including but not limited to cordless phones, microwaves, stereo equipment etc.....
      Still could be a grounding problem though.

I agree with Patio. I had the same problem. Sometimes, its just the headphone jack or the RCA jack doesn't contact well on the slot...
      "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
      --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano