Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Corrupting of Media Files  (Read 2975 times)

sal

Topic Starter

Corrupting of Media Files
    « on: February 24, 2008, 06:36:16 PM »
    I downloaded an audio file using Ares about two weeks ago.  When I played the file, it was corrupted and didn't play properly.  I deleted it immediately.  Since then, I have been having trouble playing video's from youtube.com and also playing my other media files.  They still play however, sometimes without sound or the vocals appear to be in the background, etc.  On youtube, it asks me to download AdobeFlash version 7.  It was working yesterday, however, the sound was very faint.  I downloaded a recent version of AdobeFlash hoping this would solve the problem but obviously hasn't.  I have run a virus scan and also malware software to no avail.  Don't know what to do.  I have Windows XP, with 512 ram Pent 4.

Thanks for any help

Sal

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Corrupting of Media Files
    « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 09:42:30 PM »
    Uninstall Adobe Flash, using this: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157
    Install fresh copy.

sal

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 06:17:26 AM »
      Thanks for your help Broni.  I did as you suggested and it appears to be working fine.  Once again, Thank you.

Sal

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:26:11 AM »
      Cool :)