Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer CPU/Processor Dies  (Read 4396 times)

shortguy014

Computer CPU/Processor Dies
« on: February 25, 2008, 11:18:32 PM »
Dear CH,

The computer details are indicated in the picture:

The Problem is when I try to reboot my computer out of sleep mode. There are 5 little icons on the bottom of a Satellite computer, one meaning plugged in, one meaning on, one meaning using battery, one that flashes, the CPU and SD Card light. But when I turn my computer back on from sleep mode, the screen comes up as soon as I log in then I see my desktop or whatever programs I was running but cannot navigate, it seems as If it is frozen. I look down to see that the CPU light isn't lit up, not even flashing.

NOTE: This doesn't happen every time, only occasionally. That's why I can write this but I don't see why it does it.

But If I hold down the power button and then reboot my computer (completely) it works. If you need any more details please tell me, but I don't know what this means. It is a brand new laptop so I don't know why it would behave in such a way?

Look forward to the info.

Dias de verano

Re: Computer CPU/Processor Dies
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 09:53:13 AM »
Can't see the picture, but it sounds like it is not coming out of suspend/hibernate properly.

Perhaps you could type the make & model & what OS you are using?

Maybe you should return it as faulty.

shortguy014

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 12:48:28 AM »
When I reboot out of sleep mode I use the Power Button. The Power button does not shut down the computer only into sleep mode. I didn't do a Disk Cleanup prior to this, meaning I didn't accidentally delete hibernation files.

It isn't faulty because I have two of these computers and it happens on the other one too. I have Vista Home Premium and a Toshiba A200/H01

Dias de verano

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 12:58:42 AM »
Known problem with these models. Even worse with Linux! Try suspend instead of hibernate?

shortguy014

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 01:35:42 AM »
K, thanks will do. But How do I suspend?

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 04:53:12 AM »
    Some times this is refured to as stand by.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres