Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Optional Closing Tags in HTML  (Read 3830 times)

Zemfik

Topic Starter

Starter

Optional Closing Tags in HTML
    « on: February 26, 2008, 01:31:48 PM »
    For as long as I've been validating web pages, I never realized that the closing </head> tag was optional in HTML. I feel as if I've missed the boat at times.

While I'm all for trimming excess code, I just cannot for the life of me strip out closing tags because they are optional in HTML. I'd be concerned that something, somewhere would not parse the document correctly if I removed the closing </head> element.

Are my concerns unfounded?

Wolfmagi

Rookie

• Beautiful Wolf
      Re: Optional Closing Tags in HTML
      « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 05:47:26 PM »
      I don't think so..I write HTML and I can't ignroe closing tags. It's almost instinct to put in all my closing tags. I even put in /body and /html tags.  I think you should put the /head tag in whether it's optional or not.

vishalsaxena17

Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 10:50:39 PM »
        hi dear
        closing braces are not at all required but it is always good to have coding rules in ur script which will make the program looks more readable and later if required the program can be easily debugged.

even u have noticed that we use to "rem" where required so as to increase readability.
        I never loose , always learn from mistakes.....

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 04:57:27 AM »
          The point is not so its readable as that is true it so if you have javascript or something in the head in won't interfer with anything in the body. 
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres