Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A simple Excel spreadsheet (without Marcos) than can predict 3-digit Numbers  (Read 5631 times)

MD507

Topic Starter

Beginner

I am looking for a simple Excel spreadsheet (no Marcos) than when You Enter past 3-digit Numbers can generate 5 new 3-digit numbers. Like for example 159 was drawn and use that number (159) to come up with 5 new (3-digit numbers). So it would be based on past number or a few past numbers.

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
    You can use formulas in the other five cells. By using the value typed into the original cell you can generate values for the other five cells.

So it would be based on past number or a few past numbers.

You could keep a history of past numbers either on another worksheet or in hidden cells on the main worksheet. Keep in mind that past performance is no guarantee of future results. ;D
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 07:37:33 AM by Sidewinder »
    The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

MD507

Topic Starter

Beginner

That is Great, but what are the formulas in the other 5 cells for the value typed in the original cell?

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
      I can't really give you any specific formulas, but I can show you the mechanics of setting this up:

Assume cell A1 is where the 3 digit number is entered. In cell D4 you could put the formula =(A1*3); in cell E7 you could put the formula =(A1^2); repeat, using other formulas in any other 3 cells.

As soon as the 3 digit number is entered in A1, the other cells will recalculate based on the A1 value. Of course it will be your job to come up with formulas that guarantee all the results will be 3 digit numbers.

Good luck. 8)

Just curious, but why no macros?
      « Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 07:08:29 AM by Sidewinder »
      The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein