Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Old Tech Question  (Read 1819 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Old Tech Question
    « on: February 28, 2008, 05:53:14 AM »
    Has any one bought anything from http://www.vintagecomputer.com/ ?  I'm sort of skeptical about giving my debit info if this isn't a trusted site.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

truenorth

Guru

Re: Old Tech Question
      « Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 09:10:06 AM »
      squall_01,Cannot comment on this particular firm. However i was recently faced with a similar dilemma (even though i have made a great deal of online purchases of all kinds and never yet been scammed or received anything other than what i expected--not to say it cannot happen).I do note that this firm offers payment by "paypal" and that will avoid the problem of sharing credit card information with the vendor. I do not have any vested inters in paypal other than being a very new subscriber to their service.You will receive all the information re their services by visiting their web site. You will need to provide either credit card or bank account info to them--but they never share that with any vendors. The service is free unless you use it for cash withdrawls.There are no transaction fees.There is an element of protection to the buyer if the product is received damaged or is shown to have been misrepresented (i have not yet needed to avail myself of that provision so i cannot attest to it's viability). At some point it will be a matter of faith and trust no matter with whom you chose to do business with. good luck ,truenorth