Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BIOS Loop Will not boot  (Read 1785 times)

alexma

Topic Starter

Beginner

BIOS Loop Will not boot
    « on: February 29, 2008, 03:57:18 PM »
    Hi, I have an old comp, Asus A7A266 mobo AMD Athlon 1050 CPU 512 mb Ram. I was given this comp & told the HDD was dead. I took the hdd out & tried it in my USB caddy. It was dead as it was not even recognised ( but was spinning). I installed an old (but good) HDD in that I had, & tried to boot up. Now all I get is a POST then it goes into BIOS with a warning     'System intruded, chassis opened or tempered (sic) Check system.' OK?. There is no 'chassis opened' switch fitted so why the warning? Can this be reset/deleted?  CMOS battery renewed. I'm trying to boot with my XP disc, but it never gets as far as the cdrom spinning up, just back to POST. Boot sequence is set to CDROM first. I have a new DVDRw that I can hook up temporarily if it is poss that the cdrom is faulty, but I don't think that is the issue. The HDD I am using is only 2.1 Gb, (just to be sure it boots) before buying a (bigger) new drive to install if I can get the system running. So, this is the scenario, Power up, POST screen with mem test running, skip mem test, goes into BIOS, Chassis opened warning, OK, F10 to exit BIOS, back to POST!!!! Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a fault somewhere? Please help! Alex
    Finding a grub in your apple, is not as bad as finding half a grub in..........