Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Come on then brainbox's  (Read 3812 times)

rosstronix

Come on then brainbox's
« on: January 19, 2005, 11:36:42 AM »
hello ppl i have a major prob, for awhile now ive had this program running on my task list, the file name is
AQKPPOBC.EXE *censored* is it, delete it off my computer n it still comes back. Not that much of a problem u say... ok
How about this program taking 500+mb of my memory wen its running and half my cpu speed. Everything stops working but more so internet explorer
Cn sum 1 plz help me ive searched n came up wid 0 results and answers

cheers ross

Corrosive

Re: Come on then brainbox's
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 02:37:14 PM »
Have you tried running a virus and an adware scanner to see if it gets rid of the file for good? Doesn't take a brainbox to try that one out...

rosstronix

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 03:12:44 PM »
lol  ol    ofcourse i have i have even submitted the file 2 symnatec aint gotta clue wot it is, as i said brainbox's :)

chmatthew

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 08:46:31 PM »
Anti-adware/spyware/anti-virus programs cannot find everything.  It's probably one of among hundreds of thousands of andware/spware apps.  Start in safe mode and search your computer for that exact file; upon finding it, either rename or delete it (depending upon your confidence level that it is indeed crap).  

It will be either in Windows, Windows\system32 or in one of your temp directories or one of IE's "Temporary Internet Files" directories.  You should empty these directories on a regular basis, anway; and many times it's best when doing so in safe mode.  

As always; do a reality check and be sure you don't "need" the file or that it's not a part of a legimitate application that is needed.  But it looks like crap (even smells like crap)....

rosstronix

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 08:50:57 AM »
i delete the file rename it everything its in thw windows\prefecth folder or somin like that. It comes bak no matter wot i try doin ma head in lol