Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No device attached to Fastrack controller, bios not installed.  (Read 3253 times)

klippies

Topic Starter

I suddenly started getting this error when trying to boot up my computer.  I have made no changes to the pc, it was working fine and this suddenly started.  The error appears and then the pc asks if I want to start in Safe mode, etc.  When picking any option it reboots and starts the whole process over again.  I can never get past this.

Have searched for this error but only find to disable the onboard promise controller - no effect.

I have a k8vse mobo. XP. Maxtor HD.

Any ideas?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: No device attached to Fastrack controller, bios not installed.
    « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 10:03:16 AM »
    Will it boot to safemode ? ?
    If so do that and re-install your MBoard drivers...
    Also re-install your drivers for the RAID card if you are using one.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

klippies

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »
      No, it will not boot to any of the options. Safe Mode, last known configuration...

I am not using RAID.  I have initially tried to reinstall windows (before I did more research) and doing a repair on windows did not even complete.  I might try to get into DOS and see if I can do a reinstall of the MB drivers from there.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 01:50:03 PM »
      If you had a failed repair install you had best backup any data you need because a clean install of XP is the only option to get out of this mess.
      Hook up your drive as a slave in another machine and get it while you can...the further you try to recover from this the further away your data gets.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "