Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: RegCure software to clean up Windows XP Registery  (Read 2271 times)

MD507

Topic Starter

Beginner

RegCure software to clean up Windows XP Registery
    « on: March 05, 2008, 12:29:43 PM »
    I came across RegCure website, you download their free scan and it cleans up your Windows Registery and finds other errors. I downloaded it and scanned for errors, it found many - but however for Regcure to fix the errors, you need to Register and a pay a fee, $39.90. Is that true? And if it is true why do they call it free scan.

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
      • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: RegCure software to clean up Windows XP Registery
    « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 12:32:09 PM »
    Yeah! Free scan, but pay b4 fix.. ;D ;D

You could try CCleaner instead...
    "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
    --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: RegCure software to clean up Windows XP Registery
    « Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 06:13:37 PM »
    These are what's commonly known as rogue or even more brutal "scumware" apps as they post a bunch of false positives on what's wrong with your machine only to ask for money to clean them out...
    Some will actually cause problems with your day to day computer usage.

I do not see a current listing of the application RegCure on the source listing so i am not saying they belong in this category at all...

But what i will suggest is that you check in regularly in our Virus and Spyware section to check on things like this...especially before you install them and hopefully before you spend hard earned money that's not neccessary. There are plenty of fine protection apps out there that we recommend because they have created a sense of trust in their product over the years and are known to be reliable apps.

In short check first.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "