Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB PROBLEM  (Read 1878 times)

McFarlane

Topic Starter

Rookie

USB PROBLEM
    « on: March 05, 2008, 02:37:22 AM »

USB DEVICE PROBLEM
    « on: Today at 02:35:06 AM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have posted this in 2 forums as I am not sure where I should put it
    Some months aao I had a problem that seemed to right itself or at the time I thought it was solved when I replaced a power cord
    I have Windows XP2 I have new Viewsonic monitor that has an Ipod dock(not used) plus usb ports and a card reader for my digital photos
    They all ahve been working fine for some months . Yesterday it decided the card drives on the monitor were no longer there, and its not recognising USB devices apart from the printer and scanner, these include flash drivem exernal drive, seprate card reader
     it is not recognising them on either the monitor ports or other USB ports in my tower,  tonight I tried booting up without my printer and scanner connected which use USB and had no problem with and seeing if it made a difference it didn't even the USB that normally hase my printers or scanner in still did not regonise. Went into device Manager it has a USB devices unrecgonised but nothing was plugged in to them , does this indicate a problem with the USB Hub
    I use a local computer guy and he said before it was a power supply can't see how when he has put in maximum power, had nothing else plugged in apart from computer tower and screen, went and saw three guys at retail stores computer tech setcion and they didn't have a clue what it could be this it is  driving me crazy and iks making things difficult since I need the stuff on my drives.  All the devices work on other computers so its not them. Can anyone help please

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: USB PROBLEM
    « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 06:39:00 AM »
    Double post.  Since patio responded to you in the other forum, let's refer folks to http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,52637.0.html