Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gaming Pc Build  (Read 25476 times)

MPolishPawlowicz

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Gaming Pc Build
    « on: March 06, 2008, 03:08:36 PM »
    I Have around $800 to spend on a new computer, I would mostly like to use it for gaming and school, what parts would you recommend? (ill be ordering off of newegg.)

homer

Expert
      Re: Gaming Pc Build
      « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 03:29:23 PM »
      i would save up to about at least $1000, then you could get one awesome comp.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 04:24:25 PM »
        i would save up to about at least $1000, then you could get one awesome comp.

You wnat about that much to make a decent pc.  But I made mine from other site parts stores.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

macdad-

Expert

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 04:27:23 PM »
          well first start out with a computer that has a pentium 4 processor or higher that runs at 2.0GHZ or higher. make sure it has at least a 40GB hard drive. a DVD-ROM drive would be nice if some of the games u play are on a DVD format. then u should get a graphics card with at least 256MB Video ram on it. and get a LCD monitor. all of this would let u have a high lvl gamin machine. and from my calculations all of this should be about $750.

that work for u?
          If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.

homer

Expert
            « Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 05:02:08 PM »
            well first start out with a computer that has a pentium 4 processor or higher that runs at 2.0GHZ or higher. make sure it has at least a 40GB hard drive. a DVD-ROM drive would be nice if some of the games u play are on a DVD format. then u should get a graphics card with at least 256MB Video ram on it. and get a LCD monitor. all of this would let u have a high lvl gamin machine. and from my calculations all of this should be about $750.

that work for u?

what the heck are you talking about?? and where did you get your price quote from??

Joker08

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 06:28:37 PM »
              those specs are lower than my four year old computer, and with the specs it has it still doesnt run high level games great. i would say that may get you a solitare computer but not a high lvl gaming machines, but hey maybe i am wrong.

Broni

Mastermind
              • Kraków my love :)
                • Computer Help Forum
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Experienced
              « Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 08:22:50 PM »
              I can see some Polish name here....

fpsmitch

Intermediate

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 07:40:12 AM »
                well, if i was in your shoes, i would buy a 680i sli mobo and a q6600. buy at least 2 gigs of ram(you will want ddr2 or better) and a nice at least 7200 rpm(size matters on what games you are going to play) hdd with a dvd rom drive. next for the graphics card, the 8600 gt xxx is a good budget card for gaming(i have it and over clocks well).
                haha sorry for the long post
                does that help?

homer

Expert
                  « Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 11:05:00 AM »
                  well, if i was in your shoes, i would buy a 680i sli mobo and a q6600. buy at least 2 gigs of ram(you will want ddr2 or better) and a nice at least 7200 rpm(size matters on what games you are going to play) hdd with a dvd rom drive. next for the graphics card, the 8600 gt xxx is a good budget card for gaming(i have it and over clocks well).
                  haha sorry for the long post
                  does that help?

no dice, i already put together a system similiar to the one you are suggesting, but it exceeds his $700 budget. this is why i suggested he waits for his budget to reach $1000.

macdad-

Expert

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 06:01:33 PM »
                    it an $800 budget. and the specs i gave him are perfect for playin games like Halo 3 on his comp. he still need at least 1GB of Ram but i have played Halo 2 on a comp that is half of those specs and it ran fine so Homer your just make him try to overexced in stead of spending ALL of his $800 he could have some money left over for other stuff.
                    If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.

homer

Expert
                      « Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 07:25:45 PM »
                      it an $800 budget. and the specs i gave him are perfect for playin games like Halo 3 on his comp. he still need at least 1GB of Ram but i have played Halo 2 on a comp that is half of those specs and it ran fine so Homer your just make him try to overexced in stead of spending ALL of his $800 he could have some money left over for other stuff.

i dont even know where to begin with this post. i will just simply say, macdad, you really need to be educated in hardware before you start making recommendations or accusations.

fpsmitch

Intermediate

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 08:46:13 PM »
                        haha im a+ certified  ;D
                        are you homer?

homer

Expert
                          « Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 09:40:01 PM »
                          haha im a+ certified  ;D
                          are you homer?

nope.  :(

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 04:00:26 AM »
                            haha im a+ certified  ;D
                            are you homer?

I started but she never continued the following year, High School class.
                            Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

fpsmitch

Intermediate

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 08:43:20 AM »
                              haha, sorry for the thread jack tho... ;D