Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: unable to open a 2nd web page,without 1st closing  (Read 3687 times)

wanda gross

unable to open a 2nd web page,without 1st closing
« on: January 23, 2005, 10:14:05 PM »
 :)Hello,,i am hoping someone can help,,
I am having problems on IE,when i try to open a 2nd windown/page,my first page closes automatically..it seems i can have only web page open at a time.
I have ran all the neccessary programs,anti-virus,ad-aware,etc.I have even cliked on "tools"-advance tab-& cliked restore defaults internet settings."that did not work.
please help
wanda

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: unable to open a 2nd web page,without 1st clos
    « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 12:13:13 AM »
    wanda gross....Here's a little tip that just may resolve what your trying to do ......If you have one page open and you want to open another........minimize the one your on ....then open another browser window.......go to wherever you wish and the first page is still open ...just minimized .....If you wish to follow a link off the first page ....click the link and then use the back button when you want to return to the first page ....
    Another way you can do the same thing is if your on the first page and there's a link to another page....right click on the link and select open in a new window .

Hope this helps you .

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 12:18:31 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

wanda gross

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 07:45:38 AM »
    hi,,thx,but even when i do minimize the first window..it still closes.and the second one remains.It is only allowing me to have 1 web page opened at a time.The other users on the computer,however dont have this problem.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 12:27:55 PM »
      hi,,thx,but even when i do minimize the first window..it still closes.and the second one remains.It is only allowing me to have 1 web page opened at a time.The other users on the computer,however dont have this problem.

Ha....Now we have another player.....LOL ........
      How about checking with whoever created the user accounts...and have them check your settings .....It sounds as if that's when your issues began .....

let us know

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 12:29:10 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.