Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hp w2207 monitor -- looks great most of the time, but some of the time...  (Read 2187 times)

drkknght

Topic Starter

Starter

i am using a dual display set up, where my Dell Vostro 1500 is the main monitor and my super purdy HP w2207 monitor is the secondary display.

in almost every regard, the HP monitor is beautiful -- super bright and super sharp, no flicker, etc, etc. 

however... it is noticeably "off" in a few little areas, and i simply do not know what to fix about it to correct the situation.

for example, on this site, the posts that are black text on white background color look fine.  the posts that are black text on that light blue color look awful.  its as if each of the letters has a thin, light stroke around them, making it very difficult to read. 

this same affect is noticeable in the text "tabs" in my firefox browser -- just difficult to read.

also, sites that have intense colors, like http://www.fyrebug.com/, that orange/yellow header looks like neon radiation on this monitor, whether its set as the primary or secondary display. 

everything else is just so darned pretty, its just these little details (which add up) that drive me nuts. 

any suggestions?

drkknght

Topic Starter

Starter

i can't even read my own post!  hahah :(

any idea where i might be able to search for help, if you think this isn't the best spot?

thanks

drkknght

Topic Starter

Starter

found it

on the monitor, i hit the MENU button
        went to "QUICK VIEW"
        de-selected GAMING
        selected TEXT

that fixed the text legibility as well as the color tones on certain sites.

thanks!  ...uh...  me!  :)

homer

Expert
          glad to hear you solved it. :)