Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Crashing to desktop  (Read 1977 times)

t_blake07

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    Crashing to desktop
    « on: March 09, 2008, 01:50:20 AM »
    I went out and got Crysis finally and I can only play it for about 15-20 minutes before it crashes to my desktop. When it "crashes", it really just minimizes the window that was fullscreen to a smaller window. I've downloaded and installed the latest patch for Crysis, and I also have all the latest drivers for my hardware. A couple of things I noticed was that when it would minimize, I would have to re-check the "fullscreen" option. And my screensaver actually came on during a game, causing it to minimize. I'm using a X-Box controller rather than the keyboard and mouse if that helps. Thanks.

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: Crashing to desktop
      « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 05:53:51 AM »
      Did you try turning off the screen saver?
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

t_blake07

Topic Starter

Apprentice
        « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
        Yea, but that the screensaver shouldn't come on in the first place.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 07:39:29 PM »
        As strong as your setup is i've heard Crysis will even struggle on a system such as yours...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "