Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Access Denied  (Read 2810 times)

spock

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Access Denied
    « on: March 09, 2008, 04:50:48 PM »
      I been getting a lot of messages in Vista saying "Access denied" or something that says I don't have the administrative authority. How can I change this or override it?
    "It's always something!"-Gilda Radner

pura9910

Starter

Re: Access Denied
      « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 01:01:10 PM »
      search for "cmd" in the start menu search bar, when "cmd" or "command prompt" shows up, Whichever one is first, right click it and click run as administrator, then when it opens up type in "NET USER Administrator active/yes" then hit enter. that will enable the complete administrator account. windows vista doesn't give an administrator all administrative rights for safety reasons. WARNING: you should not get on the internet or get on the ad administrator account longer than needed, because if a virus or worm gets on your computer while you are on the administrator account, it has access to all files that you do, which, in turn gives the worm complete access to your computer. also, to turn the rel administrator account back off follow the previous steps but put in "NET USER Administrator active/no". windows recommends that you leave this off unless you're ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY sure that you need access to those files and know what you are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Pura9910

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: Access Denied
      « Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 03:41:05 AM »
      Spock, I think you should do this instead: