Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Disappearing Account  (Read 3963 times)

mtngator

Disappearing Account
« on: January 21, 2005, 07:54:13 PM »
What the heck is going on here? A little background. I set a password on my computer to keep my kids out. Always downloading whatever popped up without even thinking about it, had to put a stop to it. So went to log on this evening as usual, put in my password and get the "can't log you on" message. It says the usual, make sure caps lock isn't on, etc. etc.
After several tries I realise I got a real problem here. Did some research on wifes computer and find out there is no way to get in without password. Fooled around a bit and finally logged on as administrator. Went to computer management and user groups, my regular account is nowhere to be found. Created a new account so I could get on but of course all my personal setting and such are with my regular account which has somehow disappeared. What happened? Where did my account go? This is just weird, please help. Can't even access my e-mail of course... sigh.