Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Getting Stuff off my hard drive  (Read 2461 times)

faunmia

Getting Stuff off my hard drive
« on: March 11, 2008, 06:55:01 AM »
I have an acer travelmate 360 it crashed and now when I turn it on, it only stays on for a few seconds before shutting down, how can I get my stuff off the hard drive. I also have a later model, (2 year later) of the travelmate, can I take the hard drive out of it and place mine in it to recover my stuff
Thanks
Any help is greatly appreciated :)

fpsmitch

Intermediate

Re: Getting Stuff off my hard drive
    « Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 09:02:43 AM »
    no you cant , the change in hardware will throw a red flag and it most likely will not boot.

sneakers

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 10:43:37 AM »
      U can get an adapter like this one at tiger direct and as long as it is not your hard drive that crash can hook it up to a working machine and save the data you want . I have one and it works great.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2329300&CatId=470
      Case: Logisys Clear Acrylic - CPU: AMD Athlon FX-62 With HyperTransport Technology - RAM: 2GB  - Power Supply: 650 Watt SLI ready - Motherboard: Asus SLI Deluxe  - Graphics Cards: Geforce 7900 GT  - HDD: 2 - 36 GB Raptors     160

alan5home

Starter

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 06:37:45 PM »
        if your acer is nearly new you can reset it back to factory settings but it will format the disk if you can get into the bios check if the settings has d2d if it has change it to enabled make sure you have power plugged in and not on the battery exit the bios the system will reboot when the acer logo is showing press <alt> + <F10> at the same time to enter the recovery process follow the on screen prompts this will make the system like new this works on vista not know if it works on xp

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 11:11:40 AM »
        if your acer is nearly new you can reset it back to factory settings but it will format the disk if you can get into the bios check if the settings has d2d if it has change it to enabled make sure you have power plugged in and not on the battery exit the bios the system will reboot when the acer logo is showing press <alt> + <F10> at the same time to enter the recovery process follow the on screen prompts this will make the system like new this works on vista not know if it works on xp

This method will erase all his Data...this is not what he asked for.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "