Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: irritating mouse manuever  (Read 3108 times)

aHandle

Topic Starter

irritating mouse manuever
    « on: March 14, 2008, 02:53:36 PM »
    My mouse pointer, at times, will suddenly become a miniature scrollbar when I'm passing it over a webpage and thereby making the page scroll along with my mouse movement as though I were using the scrollbar.  This is very irritating and serves zero purpose as far as I am concerned....If I wanted to scroll the page I would do it using the normal scrollbar on the side of the window...anyway, I've went to mouse under control panel and there doesn't appear to be anyway of shutting this off but what do I know I don't even know what you call this little dirty mouse trick,  I hope this is making some sort of sense to somebody out there because it's getting to me.   Not sure what pertenant info you need:  running Windows Vista; Synaptics Touchpad. 

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: irritating mouse manuever
    « Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 06:27:42 PM »
    This happens when you press mouse wheel. You may be doing it by accident, or your mouse is going south.

aHandle

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 08:58:43 AM »
      I'm using a mouse pad, there is no wheel.   Thanks for replying though.   

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 09:00:16 AM »
      This will happen if you touch the right hand side of the pad.
      Keep away from there and use the left hand 3/4 or so of the pad, and you won't encounter this issue.
      If you access the mouse properties, there may be a way to disable this feature.