Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: another dvd burning question  (Read 2928 times)

saytheya

Topic Starter

Beginner
    another dvd burning question
    « on: March 13, 2008, 01:12:13 PM »
    sooo i'm back with another question about burning dvds. (this is the other topic i posted http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,48212.msg303532.html)

i started burning some tv show episodes using dvd flick this morning. after the 4-5 hours it takes to do its stuff, i went to play it in the dvd player to see if it would work. it didn't. and i don't know why. i checked the video files that i used to make sure there weren't problems with them and they all play. back in december i had successfully burned all the episodes onto dvds with the same files i used today. (my friend lost the original ones i made, which is why i'm burning them again.)

when i put the dvd into the dvd player it said "loading disc." that particular dvd player can play cd-rs and dvd-rs. my computer (laptop) gave me this error when i went to play it...

i don't know what i did  :'( :'( so i need to know if that was something i did wrong, my computer being stupid, or the actual program...

another question, when you put a blank dvd-r into the disc drive of a computer, go to my computer and right click, properties of the blank disc, should the pie chart of a blank disc show up in the color of free space or used space? the pie chart is in the "used" color, but at 0 bytes. a dvd-r that actually works is all in the "used" color but at 4.35gb of space. so basically my question is do blank dvd-r and cd-r's pie charts too, i suppose show up as all used space with 0  bytes of space? hopefully that's not too confusing...

Louis

Beginner
      Re: another dvd burning question
      « Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 02:29:24 PM »
      Ive noticed that if i try to copy a film onto a dvd-r it wont let me so ive to use dvd+r. Have you ever used a program called 'dvd shrink' ? i rent out films and copy them using this program, check out this link for the program   http://www.dvdshrink.org/

saytheya

Topic Starter

Beginner
        Re: another dvd burning question
        « Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 08:35:20 PM »
        i'm not copying already created dvds. i'm making my own with a dvd creating program...creating a menu adding video files