Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft camera and scanner wizard not working  (Read 2879 times)

skyblue

Microsoft camera and scanner wizard not working
« on: March 15, 2008, 07:42:29 AM »
Windows xp home
Just recently the camera wizard stopped appearing when i connect my casio camera , So i went to autorun and downloaded microsoft autofix which brought the wizard back, but the copy pictures to folder doesnt work infact the only button to work is open folder to view files,
I have tried the link below but to be honest its a little advanced for me to understand , can anybody help in laymans terms please
Click here

[recovering space - attachment deleted by admin]

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Microsoft camera and scanner wizard not working
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 11:11:19 AM »
In the link you posted, RegClean had been used and had been determined to be the cause of the problem.  Do you use RegClean?  Or, some other registry cleaner?

Do you have a Restore Point dated prior this problem starting?  To see what Restore Points dates you have available, go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and select System Restore.

skyblue

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 11:35:31 AM »
In the link you posted, RegClean had been used and had been determined to be the cause of the problem.  Do you use RegClean?  Or, some other registry cleaner?
Been trying this over the last couple of weeks
http://www.auslogics.com/

But unfortunatly i can only system restore back to 8/3/2008
does this help?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 11:48:02 AM »
8/3/2008 means Mar. 8, 2008, right?  The key question here is this.  Did the problem arise before or after that date?  If after, then I'd try restoring to that date.  If before, than I'd carefully re-read that link you posted, and look at the registry suggestions there.

skyblue

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 11:58:03 AM »

Did the problem arise before or after that date? 

Not sure only got the camera out this week

If before, than I'd carefully re-read that link you posted, and look at the registry suggestions there.

I have and i really dont understand them i thought maybe someone else had come across the same problem and knew of a way to fix it , thats why i have have put it on here laymans terms .do you understand what they are asking?