Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: whats happening to PC games?  (Read 4533 times)

Gilgamesh21

Topic Starter

Intermediate

whats happening to PC games?
    « on: April 17, 2008, 05:30:12 PM »
    Hi everyone ,

just wondering , it seems PC gaming has come to a halt or something..i mean it has been a while and developers havent released any cool game recently (am talking about action games that any one would love to play : crysis , cod4 ,gears of war,HL2 ...etc )...check gamespot's top PC games and you will see that the list has been the same for a looong time.

Is it that the shift is going towards consoles with a little attention to PC gamer or they just keep on concentratin on strategy games?what do you think?

NOT ADMIN :P

Intermediate

Re: whats happening to PC games?
      « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 06:46:41 PM »
      Cod4 and crysis and still very new games and are becoming more and more popular online.

PC gaming will never die out to any console unless this mind control hype goes ahead and doesnt make it to PC.

It is far to popular and publishers will not turn console only unless they are held at the point of castration.

But since crysis i agree not many titles in the action / fps genre

Peregrin

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 09:39:50 AM »
        I agree PC gaming never will die out. Online games like World of Warcraft make enormous revenue. Sometimes there is periods where few games is released. But I am afraid we will see fewer big titles like Call of Duty, Gears of War and Mass Effect released for PC in the future. There are much more people gaming on consoles like Xbox 360 and PS3 than on PC. If then also adding the massive piracy of computer games on top of this I am afraid there not is much reason for game developers to put a lot of money in development for Games for PC. Why make a product for a group of consumers where most not pay for the product? I personally really prefer gaming on the PC, therefore I really hope that I am wrong about this.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 08:46:01 PM »
        Do we really need anymore games right now? I mean, I haven't even installed all the games I have, let alone finish all the ones I have installed. Besides, all the new games I see just seem like re-iterations of old material.

PS: I stress the "see" portion of that last sentence, as I haven't actually played them, so I may be wrong.
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

saf-beagle

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 01:56:37 AM »
          Reading the back cover of a few games for example: MOH pacfic assault you will see OS windows 2000/XP", Far Cry windows 98/2000/ME/XP

I'm a flight sim fan and have been playing IL-2 from UBI soft for years. The producers, Maddox games have been promising "Battle of Britain" for ages. Actually "Bob" was supposed to be released January 2007 just as Vista was released. Since then the games release date is "unknown". Go figure.

Although I'm no expert in this area I suspect the combination of Vista and XP users are causing a certain amount of problems. 
          " Cognition and speech are directly related to intelligence, lying and fantasy"- S.F.

quaxo

Guru
            • Yes
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 04:10:03 AM »
          I haven't seen a game on ANY platform recently that was any good, console or computer.

I've played World of Warcraft for 3 years, and when I need a break from that I just break out one of my older games that I actually did enjoy, like Jagged Alliance 2, Tron 2.0, Stronghold Legends, and even older DOS games that I play with DOSBox like Full Throttle or the Space Quest series.

First person shooters are just played out, RTS games just seem like copies of other RTS games, MMO games are all starting to seem the same... I guess we're just waiting for someone to make that discovery of a great new genre.

I think Activision had something going with Battlezone and Battlezone II, where it could be played as a FPS or RTS. And I miss the good ol' adventure/puzzle games, like the Myst series and The Journeyman Project series.

Incidious

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 01:18:58 PM »

Although I'm no expert in this area I suspect the combination of Vista and XP users are causing a certain amount of problems. 

This might answer a few questions ==>  http://pc.ign.com/articles/767/767311p1.html