Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Art Program can't read .jpg  (Read 4651 times)

Forensic2

Topic Starter

Rookie

Art Program can't read .jpg
    « on: March 16, 2008, 08:47:47 AM »
    I got my Picture It 2000 to finaly load, but when in the program and you search for pictures in files. The .jpg are not in the list to read. If you click on the help tab and look up what it can and not read. .jpg is the second on the list to read and some others are not in it as well to read them. ?

Now I had to remove my IE7 untill I got this loaded cause this program has a IE 5.0 and I can up date after that. I have tryed to install 3 times but the same thing happens. My computer reads them.  So any help would be great. Thanks.

Windows XP

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Art Program can't read .jpg
      « Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 08:56:58 AM »
      Sounds to me like it's way too much hassle with this program  :P

If you want a free photo editing tool then try this..

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/photofiltre.html

It's easy to use.

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 10:11:51 AM »
      Sounds to me like it's way too much hassle with this program  :P
      I agree. 
      If you want a free photo editing tool then try this..

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/photofiltre.html
      Yes, this one and some other good freeware is available, so why mess with Publish It 2000?

Now I had to remove my IE7 untill I got this loaded cause this program has a IE 5.0 and I can up date after that. I have tryed to install 3 times but the same thing happens. My computer reads them.  So any help would be great. Thanks.
      Removing IE7 would take you back to IE6.  Did you actually install IE5 with Publish It 2000?  Usually, programs that will also install a web browser will only install the browser if the version on the CD is newer than the version already installed on the computer.  If Publish It 2000 insists that you install IE5, that's enough reason right there to ditch that old version of Publish It.

Forensic2

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 11:13:45 AM »
        Alan - I just love how fast it is to work with and to make collusis with. I do alot with putting alot of pictures all on one. Thanks.

The reson I uninstalled IE7 is picture It 2000 comes with IE5 and it won't load cause it stops loadding at that point.. Then you can up grade to ie7.

Thanks to you both, I will give it a try and see.  thanks again.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 03:17:09 PM »
          Glad we were able to help you out  ;D

Alan <><  :D
          I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 04:46:02 PM »
          Microsoft Picture It! is a discontinued photo editing application created by Microsoft. Version 1.0 was released in September 1996. Borrowing from the wizard user interface concepts of Microsoft Publisher, Picture It! was geared to make digital imaging easy for consumers. It was the first consumer imaging program to enable sprite creation, leveraging alpha masking (a concept published by Alvy Ray Smith, founder of Pixar, in 1978) while running on an 8 MB RAM Pentium computer. Microsoft purchased Altamira Software, the company owned By Alvy Ray Smith in 1994 and made Alvy Ray Smith, a Microsoft fellow.

The Picture It! file format used the extension .MIX (Microsoft Image Extension). The .MIX extension was also used by Microsoft PhotoDraw although its format was incompatible with Picture It!.

In 2003, Picture It! was significantly changed and rebranded as Microsoft Digital Image with the home publishing features removed and a focus exclusively on photo editing. Digital Image was also eventually discontinued in 2006 after the release of Windows Vista.

Not exactly a glowing recommendation. On top of that it uses it's own file format which in itself would scare me away as other editing/filing programs would have trouble working with those images....
          I agree with the above ...there are some great photo programs out there a good amount of them Free. I use IrfanView myself.
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Forensic2

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 09:43:37 PM »
            Patio - Yes its  an old out of date program.  What is good is it is fast if you want to cut and make collage pictures, plus putting graphics on pictures is so much faster cause you can tilt/angel/streach the word or words in real time.  Not have to keep going into a box and clicking more numbers higher or lower to get the right angel etc. lol

I guess really, you can see for yourself, 2Forensic2 on youtube is my video called GGW Racing video put that in the search and my video comes up frist and its all from this program. I know its old and better stuff out on the net, But do they have the film strip so you can be working with more then one picture, What is good about saving it in its own format is you can go to that pic and change something on it in seconds and save in any format. I have always saved mine in .jpg format. The program has always read jpg too. So for somereason its not anymore and that don't make sense.

So I put this up too see if it could be something else over riding this program not to read Jpg and a few others ?  Yes this program came with a IE 5.0 with the install and that seem to hang cause of IE 7. You can up grade once the 5.0 is loaded after.

You may think not exactly  glowing recommendation, But I was not recommending it to anyone but me who has used for years and got nice comments about my use of graphics. Its fast and easy as pie to get alot of pictures done in little time for what I need.  I have tried the one you guys mention above but don't see anything about cutting and putting many pictures in one, like I need.  Any other ideas for this and not so much to fix/pictures but to cut and make collages and add stuff to picks kind of thing.   Thanks again very much for taking the time to help out.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 10:27:07 PM »
            All of us fall in love with certain programs that do what we want but most of all make us reach a certain comfot zone...that is they become old buddies and that's what we're used to.
            So no harm no foul there...
            Explain more about what your needs are and we can at least offer alternatives. The goal here is not to get you to change in mid stream what you've been doing for years but to solve the issues you're having with maybe an alternative.
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Forensic2

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 05:32:57 AM »
              Thanks - Patio,  I do allot of cutting out to place other pictures to gather. here is just one picture that I did for my blog. Again not to push my video on you guys but really is shows what I have done with this program. Again its under title (( GGW Racing )) at youtube. But here is a single frame from that.

Hope that took and the picture shows up. One this picture is 12 items I have added to this one picture. What I loved about PT 2000 was the film strip at the bottom and could hold many thumbs across the main work board/picture. Graphics/text could be moved angel/curved in real time. Others you have to place it and do the numbers in a box for size and angel and then hope its right or got to go back in box and try again. My program really was for this only, Not to edit my personal photos by correcting the red eye etc. So that stuff is not at the top of the list.

I need something that allows you to cut out and place something in the spot you cut out etc.  Thats about it. 

Thanks to all who have helped and I did give that a art program you mention, but putting text on a angel/curve on the picture was a night mare and I couldn't get it were I wanted it.  Thanks again guys for helping, It makes life alittle easyer when you get some help.  Cheers.