Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New computer parts not running at rated speeds. Need BIOS help. (pics)  (Read 2206 times)

arcooke

Topic Starter

Rookie
    First of all, here are screenshots from the relevant part of my bios.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v252/BADMoJO/bios/

I bought the following parts:
    - Core2Duo E8400
    - - - 3.0Ghz
    - - - 1333FSB

- GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L Motherboard
    - - - FSB: 1333
    - - - Memory standard: 1066mhz

- OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000)
    - - - 1000Mhz

After installing all my parts, my post says the ram is running at 800Mhz.  I run CPU-Z and it says my ram is running at 400.0 Mhz.  It also says my CPU Bus speed is 333.3Mhz.  It also says my CPU is running at 2Ghz.

This is driving me absolutely nuts.. all my parts are running at very low speeds.

If I try setting the System Memory Multiplier in the bios higher to give me the proper memory speed, I get BSOD's within 5 minutes of booting up.

Can someone tell me what I need to be setting all the options at to get my actual speeds correct?  I also might want to mention i updated my bios to the latest beta hoping that would help.. no luck.

Many thanks in advance.
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:28:20 PM by arcooke »

fpsmitch

Intermediate

if i was you i wouldnt have tried a beta release.
      hence the word beta(new) most still have problems while still beta
      get the latest one(not beta)
      and set all of the settings to factory
      pb

arcooke

Topic Starter

Rookie
        I'm not worried about that.. the bios is working absolutely fine (exactly the same as the non-beta previous version).  The only reason I upgraded it is because the version after the one installed on my motherboard, was the version that said it supported the 45nm chips.. the wolfdales, which I have.  The exact problem still exists.  I don't mess with a lot of voltage/multiplier settings in the bios.. so I'm a little lost.. but beyond that, I don't need any advice.  I understand what beta is, I understand it has a very slight risk.. but that's not my concern at the moment.  My concern is the fact that all of my parts, even when not using a beta release of the bios, do not run at their rated speeds.

fpsmitch

Intermediate

and you have everything at default?