Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can't solve auto-disconnect problem  (Read 4677 times)

zgbones

can't solve auto-disconnect problem
« on: January 23, 2005, 11:11:53 AM »
Hello,
I have this pop-up that asks me if I want to close the connection to the internet(1). I hit "Don't use auto disconnect" and hit the stay connected tab. I can't get rid of this? I can't stay connected for more than 15 minutes.
I would love any input on this as talking with AOL and PC support does no good. Here is what I am using,,,,,,
Windows ME,aol 9.0 SE and IE.

PLEASE HELP ME!
                                                            Thanks

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: can't solve auto-disconnect problem
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 06:17:02 PM »
Well.... I have two words for you... VIRUS & TROJAN  ... Did you have antivirus protection?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

zgbones

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 01:17:11 AM »
TY for looking at my post.
 You say it could be a virus or a trojan? If that is the case, what steps should I take to get rid of the problem? I have run norton and a few adware programs trying to solve the problem but can't get rid of it.  The adware programs are finding things and deleteing them. But scaning for viruses comes up empty. What can I  do? Any advise would help a lot.
                                                Thanks,
                                                ZG

Zzyzx

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 07:16:24 AM »
Try going thru the control panel and bringing up the properties (or advanced properties) of the modem. There may be a box that enables the modem to disconnect after so many idle minutes. If you find it, uncheck the box. This works on XP, maybe ME has a similar setup.

8)