Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Just what is Acceller  (Read 12666 times)

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Don't feel bad...I'm lost too.
    Just what is Acceller
    « on: March 21, 2008, 06:51:39 AM »
    I have an emachines (model 3642) that came loaded with WV and I need help with a few of the programs on it.

1. Exactly what is Acceller? Does this have anything to do with the speed the computer achieves?

2. What is BigFix?

3. My sound manager informs me there is no recording device. Is that something that is necessary or is it like external for the microphone?

4. An Icon in my bottom bar is telling me to 'Launch IE Browser". What browser am I using now. I am also using AOL as my ISP.

Thanks for the feedback.
    If you say, "I can", you're right. If you say, "I can't", you're also right.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Just what is Acceller
    « Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 06:58:33 AM »
    What exactly is WV ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 02:00:17 PM »
      Sorry Patio, WV is, Windows Vista.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 12:17:00 AM »
      Accelor from what i could find may be an ISP...IInternet Service Provider.
      Who is your ISP ? ?
      BigFix looks like one of those monitoring programs that promises to fix everything on your machine and simplify your life....rarely does this happen.
      How old is this machine and where did you purchase it ? ?

It basically looks like it came with a bunch of pre-installed software.
      This happens alot with big retailers.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 09:52:14 AM »
      BigFix....I used to use it. It was pretty handy tool, which was monitoring your computer for available updates of any kind. Unfortunatelly, few years ago, it went corporate, and doesn't serve ordinary people anymore. In corporate world, it's a big player, though.

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 11:16:42 AM »
        The computer was purchased from "Best Buy".  And, you aren't kidding about a bunch of preinstalled things.  In four days my scanner was scanning more than 400,000 things. And for someone like me who has no idea how to properly or even what to properly load, it's a nightmare. And the techs at emachines seem totally incompetent. I

had to get the "Geek Squad" to help me with my audio problem after two techs had taken RC of my computer and still I had no audio. And to make matters worse. They don't have a toll free line.

Anyway, I was asking about the Acceller program because it sounds like it may control the speed of some things on here. My emulators are running at uncontrollable speeds and they weren't doing that on my old comp.

I think she lost her V-Card again, as the monitor went dark and said, no input or no cable connetion; same as it did the first time when I had to replace the V-Card. So I just got something new.  Broni, I wish I could send you the old one so that you could find out what the repair ppl down here couldn't.

So Broni, knowing me, do you think I should use the BigFix. I think it needs to be installed. Shoot I don't even have IE launched. I'm sad I know
         I need a tutoring mentor. :(

I'm sure I'll be back...

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
        As I said, BigFix doesn't work for regular people anymore.
        You may want to post HijackThis log, so we can see what's running on your computer. We'll go from there.

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
          « Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 01:14:43 AM »
          It's been a while so work with me while I download the tool again.  I'll need to find the thread and the instructions to download HJT.

Broni

Mastermind
            • Computer Help Forum
          « Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 04:47:22 PM »
          Download HijackThis:
          http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis/download
          Click on Download HijackThis Installer
          Post HijackTHis log.

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
            « Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 06:16:06 PM »
            Broni, aren't there a few steps between downloading and posting. I do recall having to make a folder and stuff.

Broni

Mastermind
              • Computer Help Forum
            « Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 06:28:28 PM »
            No. This version of HJT comes with installer, so you don't have to worry about creating a folder.

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
              « Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 09:21:04 PM »
              Okay, Am I going to do a scan and save a logfile  only? The first Prompt...

Broni

Mastermind
                • Computer Help Forum
              « Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 09:25:51 PM »
              Yes.

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
                « Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 09:37:15 PM »
                Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
                Scan saved at 11:25:33 PM, on 3/25/2008
                Platform: Windows Vista  (WinNT 6.00.1904)
                MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16609)
                Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
                C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
                C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
                C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
                C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
                C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
                C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
                C:\Program Files\Spare Backup\SpareBackup.exe
                C:\Program Files\Napster\napster.exe
                C:\Program Files\Common Files\aol\1205257230\ee\aolsoftware.exe
                C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
                C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
                C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
                C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
                C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
                C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
                C:\Program Files\AOL 9.1\waol.exe
                C:\Program Files\AOL 9.1\shellmon.exe
                C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Topspeed\3.0\aoltpsd3.exe
                C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch=Retail&SubCH=nofound&Br=EM&Loc=ENG_US&Sys=DTP&M=T3642
                R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch=Retail&SubCH=nofound&Br=EM&Loc=ENG_US&Sys=DTP&M=T3642
                R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.gateway.com/g/sidepanel.html?Ch=Retail&SubCH=nofound&Br=EM&Loc=ENG_US&Sys=DTP&M=T3642
                R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
                R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
                O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
                O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
                O2 - BHO: NCO 2.0 IE BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.0\coIEPlg.dll
                O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\IDS\IPSBHO.dll
                O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
                O2 - BHO: AOL Toolbar Launcher - {7C554162-8CB7-45A4-B8F4-8EA1C75885F9} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 5.0\aoltb.dll
                O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
                O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll
                O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.0\CoIEPlg.dll
                O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
                O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 5.0\aoltb.dll

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
                  « Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 09:45:53 PM »
                  I have to do the darned thing over. The ctrl+c button wouldn't copy and when I repeated the highlight it caused the text to vanish. So between 4 and 16 are gone.