Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't disable Bluetooth Bus Enumerator  (Read 6135 times)

Newgeek

Topic Starter

Rookie

Can't disable Bluetooth Bus Enumerator
    « on: March 21, 2008, 10:13:48 AM »
    I am trying to install BT so that I can sync my phone to my laptop.  I keep getting the following error:  Bluetooth device not found.  Please verify that the Bluetooth device is properly connected and turned on.

I have successfully paired my laptop with my phone but for some reason the computer is not able to access the  driver.  I thought I would try to uninstall the driver and reinstall it but when I went into Device Manager the drop down menu that allows you to enable/disable devices was grayed out.  When I right click on Bluetooth Bus Enumerator the Uninstall option is not in the menu.  What should I do?  ???

Relevant info:

Blue Soleil software and driver
    Broadcom BT Bus Enumerator version 5.1.0.2700

on a Gateway CX200X Notebook

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Can't disable Bluetooth Bus Enumerator
    « Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 12:03:57 AM »
    Check the Gateway Driver CD that shipped with the notebook....it should contain the Bluetooth drivers for that notebook.
    If not visit Gateway's site and enter your info to locate the proper driver.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Newgeek

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 12:28:01 PM »
      Since I posted last, I downloaded the new driver.  Same problem.  I can pair the devices but I can't get the driver to override the XP driver so the hardware is not detected.  It is also giving me an error each time when I insert the BT USB that there was a problem installing the hardware.  I have tried uninstalling everything and installing first the BT driver from Gateway, then the software from Blue Soleil and finally the USB.  Then I tried installing the software first, then the driver from Gateway and then the USB.  I've tried different orders at least 5 times and I can't get any driver to override what XP wants to install.  I was finally able to uninstall BT Enumerator.  Interestingly, when I went into Device Manager under System I found this:  Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator.  It has the same symptoms that the Bluetooth Enumerator did earlier.  There is no "uninstall" option.  Also, in the Control Panel there are 5 icons that say Bluetooth Device (from the 5 most recent attempts at installation).  Each of them is empty although it is obvious that SOMETHING is not being uninstalled each time.

Now what?  ???

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 12:47:56 PM »
      Tell us what phone this is...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Newgeek

Topic Starter