Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HOW MANY LAN CARD INSTALLED IN ONE PC  (Read 2971 times)

Mohammad Ammad

Topic Starter

HOW MANY LAN CARD INSTALLED IN ONE PC
    « on: March 22, 2008, 06:39:03 AM »
    I WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY LAN CARD INSTALLED IN ONE PC PLZ IF ANY KNOW THAT PLZ TELL ME.

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: HOW MANY LAN CARD INSTALLED IN ONE PC
      « Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 06:56:25 AM »
      To my kowdgle you can have as many as you want as long as you have separate network connections.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Mohammad Ammad

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 02:59:33 AM »
        thanks for ur prompt reply bt did you mean to say taht i can installed more then four lan cards in a pc

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 03:21:49 AM »
          If thats how many pci connections you have to use.  But they have to have seperate connections. 
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

jimyan

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 07:01:52 AM »
            There are already USB-type lan adapters - you can have usb lan's for as many as your usb ports. You can put a max of 104 usb ports junctioned by usb hubs.

In the other hand, ordinary mainboards have atmost 1(one) built in lan cards. Other server type boards have atleast 2 built in lan cards.

Hope this helps.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 02:56:59 PM »
            What are you doing with this machine ? ?
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "