Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Installation Not Detecting Hard Drive  (Read 2847 times)

david30339

Topic Starter

Vista Installation Not Detecting Hard Drive
    « on: March 24, 2008, 10:26:58 AM »
    I had Vista installed on a SATA WD Raptor and everything was running great. I think when I installed phone drivers for my RAZR it screwed something up and Windows would no longer boot (error was 0xc000000f for winload.exe). I'm trying now to format the drive and reinstall Vista, but the Vista installation doesn't detect my Raptor even though it did when I first installed it. The BIOS does detect it. Any ideas would could be wrong? I've tried different drives on different ports and they all show up in the BIOS, but never in Vista installation. Thanks.

david30339

Topic Starter

Re: Vista Installation Not Detecting Hard Drive
      « Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 03:20:50 PM »
      I think my hard drive is bad and vista installation was not liking the corrupted drive. I put in an XP disc and it found both the good and bad drives. I put a new drive in and am installing vista on it now. we'll see what happens.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Vista Installation Not Detecting Hard Drive
      « Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 05:43:31 PM »
      The SATA drivers need to be installed very early on in the installation process...You will see a prompt to press F6 for SATA/RAID drivers.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "