Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SONY BURNER ISSUES  (Read 2338 times)

PairaDize2008

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

SONY BURNER ISSUES
    « on: March 24, 2008, 04:55:05 PM »
    Ok .. my old burner died away so I had to replace it. First I bought  LITE-ON, and had nothing but problems. Returned it and bought a SONY DRU-840A DVD/CD Burner.

Now I have different issues. LOL. It came with Nero 7 Essentials software, but I didn't install Nero. Actually, it wouldn't install - kept putting the disc in -- and nothing happened.  Soooo, stuck with what always worked for me in the past - MusicMatchJukeBox. Not the Yahoo/Real version .. the older one.

Anyway, this burner is great as far as running silent. It is fast too. BUT .. it doesn't seem to want to burn every time. Sometimes the last few songs are lopped off halfway through. Sometimes every third song is garbled. Sometimes everything burns just fine.

I have tried diff media - always name brand .. same results. I have tried different software from Nero to GEAR to Roxio - same results.

Anyone have a guess as to what's wrong ?

Yes, I finalize the cd.

I have been burning cd's for years with no problems at all until now.

Compaq Presario
    Celeron CPU 2.93 GHz
    2.93 GHz 504 RAM
    Windows XP Home

thanks in advance
    pairadize

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: SONY BURNER ISSUES
    « Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 05:37:20 PM »
    Replace the IDE cable.
    There may have been nothing wrong with the other drive if the cable is bad.
    The fact that you have tried different burning apps says this is probably a hardware issue.
    The only other thing it could be is the IDE channel on the board has gone bad....let's hope it's not that.

One other thing you can check is in Device Manager find the Secondary IDE channel...right clik it and select Properties...under advanced make sure it is not in PIO mode. It should be DMA or UDMA if available.
    As always when making changes in Device Manager save the changes and re-boot.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "