Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Word track changes help!  (Read 2807 times)

mariac

MS Word track changes help!
« on: March 26, 2008, 12:00:21 PM »
Hello there, wondering if someone might be able to help...

I'm an editor for a small publishing company, and so I quite often use the track changes function on MS Word (2002, running on Windows XP) to send my edits back to authors and translators, and have it available as a button in my taskbar.

However I also deal with our publishing contracts, and it came to my attention from a colleague that whenever I forward him a Word doc from my machine - even when I haven't enabled track changes on that particular document - he can see all the edits I have made.  I can't see any of these edits on my machine, and obviously with contracts it's not very secure if the edits appear on the recipient's Word and not mine... It doesn't happen with every recipient's version of Word, just this one colleague (that I know of!)

Any ideas how I can correct this?

Thanks in advance!!

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: MS Word track changes help!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 01:35:52 PM »
Have you thought about upgrading to Word 2003 or 2007?
Check your track changes settings and general Word settings. If everything looks normal, you could pop in your Office 2002 CD and have it do a repair installation.