Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet browsing restarts my computer??  (Read 3989 times)

Moobear

Internet browsing restarts my computer??
« on: March 24, 2008, 02:12:15 PM »
Hey guys!  I'm not sure where to go from here.  I let my room mate use my computer while I was on vacation, and when I got back I found a ton of 'adult' adware and crap all over it.  I'm trying to get my computer back into shape, and i'm 90% there, but there's just one issue i'm having trouble with.  Occassionally while i'm browsing the internet, my computer will reset if I click on a link or while loading up a web page.  I first thought that maybe a virus that was downloaded by him corrupted one of the internet files, resulting in it crashing my computer instead of my ie. 

I uninstalled ie, reset my computer, and reinstalled it, but i'm having the same issue.  I tried downloading firefox and navigator to see if it's a computer issue or an IE issue, and whenever I try to install those programs i get an error "error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components\nsHelperAppDlg.js" and then I have to cancel installation.  I did a full system scan with both ad-aware and kaspersky antivirus, and both say it's clean.  any suggestions?

oh, by the way i'm running windows xp and its happening with ie7

CobraPr

Rookie

Re: Internet browsing restarts my computer??
    « Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 03:30:20 PM »
    Try doing a scan with Superantispyware.com. It has help me with similar issues.

CobraPr

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 03:34:36 PM »
      Read Broni"s reply to the HELP!!!Please thread.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 03:30:01 PM »
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

wefr0

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 03:10:38 PM »
      Yes most likely its Spyware