Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ERROR with add/remove programs - I can't access it!!  (Read 2993 times)

haus_kat

ERROR with add/remove programs - I can't access it!!
« on: March 28, 2008, 06:14:21 AM »
I'm using Windows 2000 Pro operating system

I have a FujiFilm A303 digital camera and I wanted to install the USB driver for the camera. The driver was bundled with a whole bunch of stupid software that I didn't want but there was no option for installing the driver minus the software so I was stuck with installing the software along with the driver. I assumed I could simply uninstall the unwanted software when I was done (I already have Adobe software for photos and don't need anything else). However, the unwanted software did not come with uninstallers. When I went to go into Add/Remove programs to remove the software I continually get an error message

"Mshta.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows". I get the same message when trying to get into the Programs folder on C: drive.

I already tried the suggestions here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285195

and they did not work. How can this issue be resolved?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: ERROR with add/remove programs - I can't access it!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 06:46:03 AM »
Standalone Drivers with no garbage are Here...

Always check the manuf. website first.

You could try removing the garbage apps in safemode.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

haus_kat

Re: ERROR with add/remove programs - I can't access it!!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 08:17:15 AM »
I wish I had thought to check their website for the drivers first!

I tried this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292175

and it seemed to solve the issue for the moment. I will go back in and delete those programs that caused the problems now that I can access the Add/Remove programs again.