Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Audio connected to an amplifier  (Read 2036 times)

Babduberance

Topic Starter

Computer Audio connected to an amplifier
    « on: March 28, 2008, 01:54:29 PM »
    Hello, I was wondering if i were to connect the output of my computer's audio to an audio amplifier "assuming the amp would amplify the signal by around 30dB", and then that amplifier to a speaker or back to my computer. Would i be in any danger of destroying the amplifier or would the computer/ speaker be in danger if i turned up the volume too high on the computer?

Thank you for your help!

Dias de verano

Re: Computer Audio connected to an amplifier
    « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 04:36:37 AM »
    I have my sound card's headphone output connected to the left & right AUX inputs of my Sansui AU-505 audio amplifier. It works fine. Don't use the magnetic pickup (vinyl disk turntable) inputs. I set the PC (Windows) volume control about midway. Then I adjust the volume on the amplifier just like I was listening to any other audio source like a CD player, DVD player, cassette deck, FM tuner, etc. You would not be in any danger of destroying the computer or amplifier or speakers. I do not see why you would want to connect back to the computer though. Perhaps you can explain more about what you are trying to do.

Reading between the lines, are you trying to use an electric guitar or a microphone?