Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AI???  (Read 7569 times)

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: AI???
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 01:14:37 PM »
I haven't seen that program in a long time.  If his / her program is open-source, you can look at ti, but if it's proprietary, you have to be extremely careful, as I wrote before...

You need to do what I need to do, Squall -- get involved iwth more of the open-source world -- there's a lot to be found at sourceforge.net.

When I wrote that it doesn't hurt to ask, I was supporting your curiosity.  Perhaps you might contact the makers of Bonzai Buddy and see how much they're willing to help you.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

Deerpark

Egghead
    « Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 02:06:42 PM »
    Theres a difference now between modify an using some of his code.  reverse engineering. 
    No.
    Not when it is closed source.
    But good luck with that...
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 05:18:42 PM »
    I can't cite you a specific example, Squall, but I know individuals have gotten in trouble, or at least wound up in court, because they reverse engineered software drivers for particular pieces of equipment so they could be used in the Linux world, and even though their intentions were good, they got in trouble, because the original writers of the proprietary code were able to show too many similarities between their code and what was written for Linux.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 06:58:55 PM »
      Thanks to those that helped, even if you dont think it was much.  I was thinking about putting him on a 2k machine w/o an internet connection.  Also, I found one better then him with no malware!  ;D
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres