Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: worldisk 73 gig HDD scsi 80pin conection  (Read 4483 times)

vic_i_eee

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Experienced
    worldisk 73 gig HDD scsi 80pin conection
    « on: March 31, 2008, 11:35:27 PM »
    Hello! Well I've bought this hard drive on Ebay and I can't seem to find any way to connect it to anything. Can't return it, been on the net trying to find an 80 pin scsi to convert to any thing useful. I'm ready to through it away. there is a surplus of 68 pin scsi connectors. I've looked up to try to find the manufacture and only find retailers, but no ribbon cables for 80 pin scsi. I need to go from 80 pin scsi from the HDD to the motherboard or usb, or anything so I can use HDD. Any suggestions!!! or might know of a link were I can purchase a connector. Or better yet Know what this HDD is to fit?
    Thanks for any help.

[recovering space - attachment deleted by admin]
    In a world with walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates

Dias de verano

Re: worldisk 73 gig HDD scsi 80pin conection
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 12:19:07 AM »
    You need a SCSI interface card. Hope you didn't spend too much on it!

vic_i_eee

Topic Starter

Rookie
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 12:28:54 AM »
      Well I spent $35 for it but I'm will to spend a little more to make it work for me. What does this interface card do and do you know where I can obtain it. I've been searching for days to make this work and any help would be great.l You have no idea how frustrated I'm am with this purchase mistake I've made. Ive got 4 seanix tco series desktops and 10 compaq desktop EN that need HDDs.
      In a world with walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates

Dias de verano

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 12:45:10 AM »
      What does this interface card do

It, er, allows you to connect a SCSI drive to your computer.  ::)

and do you know where I can obtain it.

Try a Google search for "SCSI interface card". For example there is the Adaptec AVA-2904 card costs around £20 UK pounds, around $40 US dollars, but you need to have a PCI slot free, (not PCI Express).