Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: So... I was Fitting my new case and...!!!  (Read 2402 times)

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

So... I was Fitting my new case and...!!!
    « on: April 01, 2008, 12:41:52 AM »
    I was just fitting my compnets into my new case , Ive had the case round 2 days but spent around 2 hours trying to figure out the pre installed LED lights , so i decided to give it another go.

I transferred everything over , and everything looked fine .

I then connected all the led lights and switch buttons corresponding to the gigabyte manual online .

I then turned on the computer on , and success it worked . So then i added my Gpu and my other extra cards and it wouldn't turn on D: * Note: If anyone knows why please say so on here i still haven't figured that out its a usb card pci* So i then took out the usb card and it worked , now still having the side panel off MY PSU STARTED TO SMOKE!!!  :-\ I quickly switched it off and added a spare 500w i had laying around the house .

Now my computer turned on , and everything was going great until this extremely loud buzzing noise started coming from the motherboard , i then took to screws from the top the board and the sound went . I don't think it was to tight so why that noise was so loud i have no idea again a mystery to me.

Anyone go anything to say ^_^  :-X
    "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

fpsmitch

Intermediate

Re: So... I was Fitting my new case and...!!!
      « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 10:17:27 PM »
      very unfortunate man.
      r.i.p.ps
      so does the computer still work?
      i dont understand what you are asking...

homer

Expert
        « Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 11:02:47 PM »
        buzzing hmm. it could either be

A. loose/bad fan on CPU heatsink
        B. an electrical short. check to make sure your motherboard is not touching the case in any places other then the screw holes meant for mounting it.

my guess is B. that may account for the PS dying.

an added note, the mounting screws on the motherboard should be fairly tight. not so tight to break the motherboard, but tight enough so they will not vibrate loose.

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 02:18:20 AM »
          very unfortunate man.
          r.i.p.ps
          so does the computer still work?
          i dont understand what you are asking...
          Well i only have one computer that ive put togther :P , so yes it still works . my side panal was luckly off when i was switching the psu round :) i think i will get another one today or something , as this ones not very strong.

Homer i totally agree with the short comment , i do think theres a short somewhere i just need to locate it , when ever i knocked my computer while it was in its new tower it would reboot , but only when all the screws where all tight and sercure :S . It works fine now , and its extremely quiet the cpu fan is brand new and its top of line of cooling , the thermaltake goldenorb II . Its just really odd , there nothing in contact with the motherboard that would make that noise .

;)
          "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas