Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: clearing Cmos on Aspire 5100  (Read 2303 times)

Tranceform8tion

Topic Starter

clearing Cmos on Aspire 5100
    « on: April 01, 2008, 07:49:10 AM »
                                           Sorry if thisd is posted in the wrong area.............I have a series problem. Due to the importance of the files in my CPU its essential I get this problem fixed.
                                           Unfortunatly I have an Aspire 5100 laptop which is turning on but is not booting into windows. It has a series of problem.   It gets stuck at crcdsk.sys and will not boot. My DVD room is in the IDE slot and I cannot change it. So no boot disc unless I use the usb hub to as the 1st boot sequence. Is there a way to clear cmos because it has an error.I just got this, did some important production work thinking its ok to install a usb video cam corder webcam. It installed and vista ok'd the device. When I rebooted all these problems happened. It gets stuck at the windows vista screen. I have no system restore or did not make a backup. I cannot access safe mode because of the crcdsk error? Acer is no help. The offer no solutions they basically say I am out of luck?How can I fixed this? I don't wanna pay $400 to go to a certain place "don't wanna plug a business" that might be able to fix this. So many thanks for those that help. Even more to the one that comes up with a solution! Best regards

PS- if you need further info just ask not good at explaing things sometimes

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: clearing Cmos on Aspire 5100
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 06:20:35 PM »
    It is possible to use---->This on a regular computer
    to recover your important files.

You can buy restore disks---->Here

Hope this helps.
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Tranceform8tion

Topic Starter

Re: clearing Cmos on Aspire 5100
      « Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 01:52:52 PM »
      Thank you so much! Purchased both now its just a waiting game. Just curious though how can I reformat the laptop after I retrieve everything. Once again thank you so much! Forever gratefull!