Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: word password  (Read 2354 times)

njbwolf

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

word password
    « on: April 05, 2008, 08:03:10 PM »
    I am in desperate need of help.  I have word 2007 and will give a brief explanation of what happened.  i had a loss in my family recently and a suggestion from a grief group was to write a letter to my loved one which i did.  i protected it with a password and now can't remember what it is.  I have a feeling all is lost but was hoping that there is someway to open my document.  Thanks for any help anyone can share.

Deerpark

Egghead
      Re: word password
      « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 03:18:26 AM »
      We don't offer advice on circumventing or recovering lost passwords.
      We have no way of knowing whether people have truly lost a password or is just trying to gain access to something they shouldn't.
      « Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:40:47 AM by Deerpark »
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Dias de verano

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:05:48 AM »
      Surely the addressee is the person who needs the password?

njbwolf

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 08:35:56 AM »
        I am the addressee.  My son passed away in January and i have not been able to cope with this very well hench the grief group and the suggestion of a letter written to him.  unfortunately due to the medication the doctor has put me on i forget things and unfortuantely the password was one of those things.  i know there are people out there trying to get into other people's things but let me assure you i am not one of them.  just wanted to recover the partial letter i had written to my son so that i could finish it.

Dias de verano

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 08:52:24 AM »
        I am sure that with a moment or two of thought you could come up with something to type into Google.

njbwolf

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 08:59:58 AM »
          right now i am running word key and word password recovery and they have be trying for over a day.  i guess it just takes a long time for these programs to run.  i will just have to keep trying.  thanks.

njbwolf

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 09:46:30 AM »
            I didn't get many replies but thank you to all that did.  I finally got it.  I usually use the same password for everything but this was so sensitive i changed it but just sat down and starting trying everything i could think of and i finally got it.  i had named the document "my son".  don't i feel stupid now but like i said on meds and things get fuzzy.  anyways thanks again.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 06:04:27 PM »
            We're very glad you finally got it sorted and sorry about your loss...
            Hopefully we'll see you again under better circumstances.

Take Care.
            patio.
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "