Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Worthless Antivirus Software?  (Read 8631 times)

ae4tr

Re: Worthless Antivirus Software?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2005, 08:21:14 AM »
 :)  I agree that Norton is useless, I used it for a year, or so and it cause me more greif than it was worth.  So when it came time to renue, I dumped it and installed a free antivirus program.  AVG.  Have had no problems with it for over a year now.  AVG is free, it works.

C_Barber

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2005, 07:30:59 PM »
To all,
I have had this computer ~ 2yrs now and I subscribed to the Norton Antivirus when the 90 day free subscription was up and when it came time to renew Norton gave me the choice of maintaining the current software or upgrading so I spent ~ $70 on the software upgrade and have had nothing but issues since.  I did say that the anti virus had found infections on this unit but is unable to access the files or delete them, so again I ask, If the antivirus software cannot rid me of the infections what good is it?  Maybe one of you can suggest a way to delete the files?  I came to this forum for help.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2005, 12:39:06 AM »
    PC_Illiterate.....Usually when Norton identifies something and it is unable to delete it ........the location of the file, as well as the threat that it contains will be given .....or has Norton quarintined it ?

If you can we would appreciate the names of the pests it cannot delete .......it would help us help you .

let us know

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.