Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: video display distortion lines  (Read 2289 times)

dwight

Topic Starter

video display distortion lines
    « on: April 08, 2008, 06:14:18 PM »
    Our desktop computer is a custom built tower(built by an acquaintance no longer available to troubleshoot).It is exhibiting distortion on the screen in the form of red,orange and cyan line streaks and bands when images and text are displayed.
    Our operating system is XP Pro version2002,cpu is pentium(R)3.2GHz,512MB RAM,152GB drive.
    The monitor is a Princeton  L1717 LCD.
    The device mngr lists the display adapter as a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 model64/model64Pro and video controllers as Legacy Video Capture Devices and Video Codecs.
    I checked the monitor alignment and it seems ok so I wonder if the display adapter is haywire or if I have some other problem.I am new at this kind of troubleshooting and could use some advise.

Dwight R

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: video display distortion lines
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 07:09:01 PM »
    Do you have Nvidia drivers that you can reinstall?  Perhaps you can go to the Nvidia site to download and install updated drivers...

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

dwight

Topic Starter

Re: video display distortion lines
      « Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 02:54:03 PM »
      thanks for the advice on reinstalling the display adapter driver.I will try asap.
      Dwight R