Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse right clicking problem  (Read 2334 times)

Jawn

Topic Starter

Mouse right clicking problem
    « on: April 12, 2008, 10:45:27 AM »
    Today I realized that my mouse is doing something weird when I right click. Right clicking with the mouse opens a box like usual, but it opens a box and closes it again many times very fast. It looks like the box flashes 4 or 5 times before staying open. It's as if I right clicked multiple times. But my mouse doesn't always do this. 90% of the time it will do that but sometimes it opens the box just like normal. I tested it by right clicking the icons on my desktop and noticed that it always does multiple "clicks" when the box appears upward and rarely when the box appears downward. I uninstalled the mouse drivers, restarted the computer and reinstalled the drivers but this had no change. I don't know when this started, I only realized what it was doing today. Any help is much appreciated.

This information I got from running the dxdiag utility. I attached the whole dxdiag report if needed

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.               
    System Model: Dell DV051                   
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 1014MB RAM
    Page File: 427MB used, 2013MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

+ HID-compliant mouse
    | Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC016
    | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse
    | Service: mouhid
    | Driver: mouclass.sys, 8/3/2004 21:58:34, 23040 bytes
    | Driver: mouhid.sys, 8/17/2001 12:48:00, 12160 bytes

[recovering space - attachment deleted by admin]

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Mouse right clicking problem
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 10:50:04 AM »
    Try mouse on another computer, or try another mouse on this computer.

Dias de verano

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 11:19:49 AM »
    I had a mouse that did that. The little switches under the buttons lead a hard life, and can suffer from contact bounce. If swapping the mouse buttons in Control Panel makes the problem change sides, that would indicate getting a new mouse.

Jawn

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 11:35:16 AM »
      I had a mouse that did that. The little switches under the buttons lead a hard life, and can suffer from contact bounce. If swapping the mouse buttons in Control Panel makes the problem change sides, that would indicate getting a new mouse.

I tried this and it did just what you said. Even though the buttons had different functions the problem was still the same. Right clicking hadn't changed. I guess this means I need a new mouse. Thanks for that idea. I didnt think about trying that.

Patriot66

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 11:38:16 AM »
        Is this mouse Wire-less?