Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Word - Weird Problem - Would really appreciate help  (Read 2944 times)

rourke

MS Word - Weird Problem - Would really appreciate help
« on: April 12, 2008, 09:58:21 PM »
Hi all, I collected a bunch of survey responses last year and the site allowed me to download them all as RTF files. In the documents, each question had a line of answers below it, which were next to checkboxes. Obviously, for every question, one box was marked with an X and the rest were empty.

A week or two ago, I opened them to look again and the boxes are gone. They've been replaced by Wingdings characters that make the answers impossible to skip through, because you need to look closely to tell which one is "checked' (ie. has a different wingding character from the others).

Now...a while back, I deleted a number of fonts from my computer. I'm wondering if that might be the problem. If so, any idea what font would allow me to view checkboxes? And if I reinstalled it, would I be able to get the proper boxes as empty or checked, or would it just turn them all into blank boxes, since they would have undergone two font changes?

Thanks!