Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Java Questions  (Read 3655 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Java Questions
    « on: April 16, 2008, 04:53:18 AM »
    Its been about two years since I learned java basic's.  But I dont know what complier they where using.  What are some good ones??  Also if I want to use an image would it have to be an applet an would I use system.println I forgot but I have my notes to put the images in.
    « Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 06:21:36 AM by squall_01 »
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: Java Questions
      « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 05:38:19 AM »
      I was able to find a complier but is that how you code an image into java?  Like if i wanted it to display.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Deerpark

Egghead
        « Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 06:48:11 AM »
        You should use Sun's compiler. You get it when you download the Java SDK.
        You will need to explain further what you're trying to accomplish with that image of yours. But I can tell you that what compiler you choose to use have nothing to do with adding pictures to an applet.
        Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
        Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 05:57:41 PM »
          Well what I mean is that I want the user to input data an based on that selects a noted photo.  But I dont know how to make the photos appear if its any differnt from displaing text.

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 06:05:45 PM »
          Most languages have a container type control to handle images. In Java try using the setIcon method of a JLabel control.

Good luck. 8)
          The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

50m3R3%31

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 11:47:33 PM »
            I am not a noob!!!
            I know quite a bit of c but I would like to use it in my web pages. Do I have to learn Java? (i tried to read a book on it but it looked pretty weird)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 05:05:00 AM »
              <marquee> You are a noob</Marquee>

Apperntly you are, heres why you posted in a question that isnt covering what you want to do, also you dont need java to make a site unless you want applets or something like that, you need to learn html an php.  Html will build the site an php will make sure that its not jacked. 

<marquee>NOOBS???</marquee>