Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Glitchy monitor, freezing computer, etc. Pretty much the works.  (Read 11750 times)

LeonStrider

Topic Starter

Rookie

A couple of days ago I was playing a full-screen online game (MapleStory to be exact;
    http://mapleglobal.com)  and suddenly the game, along with the computer, just completely froze. 

I couln't alt-tab out of the game, ctrl-alt-delete did not work either, so I had to reset my computer.  I tried getting in-game again, and about 10-20 seconds after getting in-game, it freezes again. 

Almost immediately after the problem began with the game, my PC began to become unstable.  While I'm browsing the internet or even through my folders, one of the fans in my laptop would start to hum, and about 5 seconds later the computer would freeze, 3-5 seconds later the monitor would black out and 1 second after that, the screen would return to normal and everything would be unfrozen.  The humming noise that comes before is the tell-tale sign that this will happen.  Also it is not a fan I usually hear running; it sounds "smooth" when it runs, and I only hear that fan run when I'm playing full-screen games or games that take up alot of memory, like TankBall (which I will cover later), or even just programs in general that take up alot of memory.

Also, sometimes the monitor will keep blacking out at random times WITHOUT freezing, usually just once or twice in a row, but sometimes it would keep blacking out every 2 seconds.  The thing is, unlike the problem stated about the monitor blacking out in your official Windows XP faq, and I quote: "The screen blacks out every few seconds, though the Windows seems to be operating underneath", in my case you cannot see Windows operating underneath.  The way my monitor blacks out is like how the screen blacks out when you change the resolution of your monitor.  Also, after the 5th-6th consecutive blackout, for the 1 second I can see my screen, all the windows that are opened look messed up, as if I changed the resolution to a much smaller one.

Also, the total freezing of my system is not isolated to just that one full-screen online game:  I tried playing a flash game called TankBall 2 (http://maidmarian.com/tank.htm)  and I put it in "full-screen" (That is, I opened up the game in IE6 and pressed F11 to put the browser in full-screen; the game takes up the entire screen) then about 10 seconds later after getting in-game, the computer freezes the same way it froze in MapleStory.  I also tried not making IE6 full-screen while playing the game, and yet it still freezes.  Sometimes the computer just freezes on its own, regardless of what I'm doing.

Just today, I tried watching a video using RealPlayer, and I couldn't watch it; the picture was all blurry.  I'm not sure if this is related to the problem, because I haven't used RealPlayer or any other video player on my PC for a few weeks.

I have done the following in order from 1st to last:

1.  Scanned for viruses/spyware using ZoneAlarm Security Suite
    2.  Ran Norton Systemworks Premier's One Button Checkup
    3.  Used Registry Mechanic 7 to diagnose and repair any registry files
    4.  After all of these attempts to fix the problem failed,  I used Norton Ghost to restore my system to its state back in November 2006.  Alot of my installed programs changed from Nov 2006 to Apr 2008 (And I mean alot),  and I was hoping that this would be the fix, but alas, it wasn't.  The problem persisted even in this reverted state.

Here are my computer specs:

Here's my HJT logfile:

Code: [Select]
    Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 12:00:28 PM, on 4/21/2008
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\Norton Ghost 2003\GhostStartService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
    C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\OProtSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\1XConfig.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\ATK0100\HControl.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\ALCMTR.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    C:\Program Files\Generic\Wireless Console\wcourier.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\ATK0100\ATKOSD.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EOUWiz.exe
    C:\Program Files\Generic\Power4 Gear\BatteryLife.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\atwtusb.exe
    C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\MMDiag.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\ControlPanel\VersionCueCS2Tray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mim.exe
    C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Generic\Generic ChkMail\ChkMail.exe
    C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\MailFrontier\mantispm.exe
    C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\avant.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\UpdClient.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sp/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sp/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
    O2 - BHO: HelperObject Class - {00C6482D-C502-44C8-8409-FCE54AD9C208} - C:\Program Files\TechSmith\SnagIt 7\SnagItBHO.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: SnagIt - {8FF5E183-ABDE-46EB-B09E-D2AAB95CABE3} - C:\Program Files\TechSmith\SnagIt 7\SnagItIEAddin.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HControl] C:\WINDOWS\ATK0100\HControl.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAudPropShortcut.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcWzrd] ALCWZRD.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Wireless Console] C:\Program Files\Generic\Wireless Console\wcourier.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EOUApp] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EOUWiz.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Power_Gear] C:\Program Files\Generic\Power4 Gear\BatteryLife.exe 1
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mimboot.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [atwtusb] atwtusb.exe beta
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Version Cue CS2] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\ControlPanel\VersionCueCS2Tray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 7.0] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCD.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LanguageShortcut] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe"  -osboot
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Norton SystemWorks] "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STYLEXP] C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe -Hide
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [RealUpgradeHelper] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\upgrdhlp.exe" "RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0"
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nlhr] RunDll32.exe %SystemRoot%\System32\AdvPack.Dll,LaunchINFSection %SystemRoot%\inf\nlite.inf,C (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'Default user')
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Generic ChkMail.lnk = C:\Program Files\Generic\Generic ChkMail\ChkMail.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to AD Black List - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\AddToADBlackList.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Block All Images from the Same Server - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\AddAllToADBlackList.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Highlight - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\Highlight.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Open All Links in This Page... - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\OpenAllLinks.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Open In New Avant Browser - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\OpenInNewBrowser.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Search - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\Search.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
    O15 - Trusted Zone: *.musicmatch.com
    O15 - Trusted Zone: *.musicmatch.com (HKLM)
    O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1131911584812
    O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Adobe Version Cue CS2 - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\bin\VersionCueCS2.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
    O23 - Service: GhostStartService - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\Norton Ghost 2003\GhostStartService.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
    O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: OwnershipProtocol - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\OProtSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
    O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation  - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
    O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
    O23 - Service: StyleXPService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
    O23 - Service: WLANKEEPER - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe

--
    End of file - 15225 bytes
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 01:29:06 PM by LeonStrider »

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Glitchy monitor, freezing computer, etc. Pretty much the works.
    « Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 02:08:26 PM »
    You have some infection there....

Print these instructions out.

1. Download SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users:
    http://www.superantispyware.com/

* Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
        * An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
        * If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here: http://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html.)
        * Close SUPERAntiSpyware.

Restart computer in Safe Mode.
    To enter Safe Mode, restart computer, and keep tapping F8 key, until menu appears; select Safe Mode; you'll see "Safe Mode" in all four corners of your screen

* Open SUPERAntiSpyware.
        * Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
        * Click the Scanning Control tab.
        * Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
              o Close browsers before scanning.
              o Scan for tracking cookies.
              o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
        * Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
        * Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
        * On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
        * On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
        * Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
        * After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
        * Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
        * A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
        * If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
        * To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
              o Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
              o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
              o If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
              o Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
        * Click Close to exit the program.
    Post SUPERAntiSpyware log.

RESTART COMPUTER!

2. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
        * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
        * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
        * Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
        * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
        * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
        * When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
        * Post the log back here.

The log can also be found here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
    Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

RESTART COMPUTER!

3. Download HijackThis:
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hijackthis.html
    Post HijackThis log.

LeonStrider

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 11:07:30 AM »
      [code]Here are the logs:

[u][b]SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log[/b][/u]

[code]SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
      http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 04/21/2008 at 10:23 PM

Application Version : 4.0.1154

Core Rules Database Version : 3412
      Trace Rules Database Version: 1404

Scan type       : Complete Scan
      Total Scan Time : 07:06:53

Memory items scanned      : 170
      Memory threats detected   : 0
      Registry items scanned    : 6336
      Registry threats detected : 3
      File items scanned        : 136523
      File threats detected     : 2

Adware.Elite Media
      HKLM\Software\elite
      HKLM\Software\elite\ISO
      HKLM\Software\elite\ISO\2.0.0.0

Unclassified.Unknown Origin
      D:\DOWNLOADS\STYLEXP 3.13\STYLEXPV3.10KEYGENECLIPSE\KEYGEN.NFO
      D:\TEMP\PRENCH PRIES\KEYGEN.NFO

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Log

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.11
      Database version: 669

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|F:\|)
      Objects scanned: 179896
      Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 16 minute(s), 26 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
      Memory Modules Infected: 0
      Registry Keys Infected: 0
      Registry Values Infected: 0
      Registry Data Items Infected: 0
      Folders Infected: 0
      Files Infected: 3

Memory Processes Infected:
      (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
      D:\ARCHIVES\KEY GENERATORS!\Adobe\Photoshop CS keygen.exe (Spyware.Delf) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
      D:\ARCHIVES\KEY GENERATORS!\Tweak XP Pro versions\Tweak-XP v2.08 w Keygen\CORE10k.EXE (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
      C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE.Z-missing.txt (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HijackThis Log

Scan saved at 10:03:12 AM, on 4/22/2008

Running processes:
      C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
      C:\WINDOWS\ALCMTR.EXE
      C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
      C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
      C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
      C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
      R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sp/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com
      R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
      R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com
      R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
      R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sp/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com
      R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com
      R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
      O2 - BHO: HelperObject Class - {00C6482D-C502-44C8-8409-FCE54AD9C208} - C:\Program Files\TechSmith\SnagIt 7\SnagItBHO.dll
      O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
      O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
      O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
      O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
      O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
      O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
      O3 - Toolbar: SnagIt - {8FF5E183-ABDE-46EB-B09E-D2AAB95CABE3} - C:\Program Files\TechSmith\SnagIt 7\SnagItIEAddin.dll
      O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
      O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAudPropShortcut.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Wireless Console] C:\Program Files\Generic\Wireless Console\wcourier.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Power_Gear] C:\Program Files\Generic\Power4 Gear\BatteryLife.exe 1
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mimboot.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Version Cue CS2] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\ControlPanel\VersionCueCS2Tray.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 7.0] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LanguageShortcut] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe"  -osboot
      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Norton SystemWorks] "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz
      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
      O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
      O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nlhr] RunDll32.exe %SystemRoot%\System32\AdvPack.Dll,LaunchINFSection %SystemRoot%\inf\nlite.inf,C (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
      O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
      O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
      O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'SYSTEM')
      O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'Default user')
      O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = ?
      O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
      O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
      O4 - Global Startup: Generic ChkMail.lnk = C:\Program Files\Generic\Generic ChkMail\ChkMail.exe
      O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to AD Black List - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\AddToADBlackList.htm
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Block All Images from the Same Server - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\AddAllToADBlackList.htm
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
      O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Highlight - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\Highlight.htm
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Open All Links in This Page... - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\OpenAllLinks.htm
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Open In New Avant Browser - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\OpenInNewBrowser.htm
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Search - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\Search.htm
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
      O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
      O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
      O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
      O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
      O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
      O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
      O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1131911584812
      O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
      O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
      O23 - Service: Adobe Version Cue CS2 - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\bin\VersionCueCS2.exe
      O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
      O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
      O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
      O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
      O23 - Service: GhostStartService - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\Norton Ghost 2003\GhostStartService.exe
      O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
      O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
      O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
      O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
      O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
      O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
      O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
      O23 - Service: OwnershipProtocol - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\OProtSvc.exe
      O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
      O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
      O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation  - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
      O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
      O23 - Service: StyleXPService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
      O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
      O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
      O23 - Service: WLANKEEPER - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe

--
      End of file - 15429 bytes

The problem is still going on...  Monitor still blinks at random times, and I tried playing MapleStory again and it froze... again.  I'll go try to watch a video or play another full-screen flash game to see if my PC still freezes, and I'll edit this post and update if it does.[/code][/code]

Broni

Mastermind
        • Computer Help Forum
      « Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 11:47:19 AM »
      *** What Java version is reported here: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
      Upgrade, if necessary. Uninstall older versions.

1. Print this post out, since you won't have an access to it, at some point.

2. Close all windows, except for HijackThis.

3. Put a checkmark next to the following HijackThis entries (some entries will be checkmarked to disable unnecessary startups; in those cases (marked with *), no actual program will be removed):

- R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
      - O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
      - *O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
      - *O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
      - *O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
      - *O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
      - *O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
      - *O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
      - O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
      - O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nlhr] RunDll32.exe %SystemRoot%\System32\AdvPack.Dll,LaunchINFSection %SystemRoot%\inf\nlite.inf,C (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
      - O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
      - O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'SYSTEM')
      - O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'Default user')
      - O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = ?

4. Click on Fix checked button.

5. Restart your computer.

6. Post new HijackThis log.

LeonStrider

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 02:07:01 PM »
        Scan saved at 2:12:07 PM, on 4/22/2008

Running processes:
        C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCD.exe
        C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
        C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"
        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
        O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
        O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
        O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'Default user')
        O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
        O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
        O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0) - http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=19588
        O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

--
        End of file - 15005 bytes

The problems still persist; blinking monitor, videos are blurred when watching them, computer freezes randomly (actually, it froze while making this post... so I had to reset and remake the post) and playing games like MapleStory and TankBall still freeze my PC.
        « Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 03:49:28 PM by LeonStrider »

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 02:37:08 PM »
        Open HJT one more time, and checkmark:
        - O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
        Restart in Safe Mode, and delete:
        - ALCMTR.EXE from C:\WINDOWS

Restart in Normal Mode.
        Go Start>Run, type in:
        regedit
        Click OK
        Registry Editor will open.
        Click File>Export, and save your registry to safe location.

Navigate to:
        HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
        You'll see sub-folder:
        nlhr
        Click on it once.
        In right pane, you'll see under Data column:
        RunDll32.exe %SystemRoot%\System32\AdvPack.Dll...
        Right click on nlhr, click Delete

Navigate to:
        HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
        You'll see sub-folder:
        nlhr
        Click on it once.

Navigate to:
        HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
        You'll see sub-folder:
        nlhr
        Click on it once.

Restart computer.
        Post new HJT log.

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 03:04:55 PM »
        One more question...
        I can see ZoneAlarm firewall running, and you also use Norton antivirus. What about Norton's firewall? Is it disabled, not included in your version, or...?

LeonStrider

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 03:17:03 PM »
          Scan saved at 2:12:07 PM, on 4/22/2008

Running processes:
          C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCD.exe
          C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
          C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
          O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"
          O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
          O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
          O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
          O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'Default user')
          O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
          O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
          O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0) - http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=19588

--
          End of file - 15005 bytes

I don't have Norton FireWall, only ZoneAlarm.

While I was deleting the nlhr values from each folder, I noticed that it wasn't in the S-1-5-18 directory, but it was in the other two.  Is this a problem?

Oh, and the monitor did the blinky thing while I was typing this post...  I'll go check and see if the computer still freezes while playing a game and if my videos get blurry.

Edit: Yup, MapleStory froze along w/ the PC.  And video is still glitchy as well...
          « Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 03:56:05 PM by LeonStrider »

Broni

Mastermind
            • Computer Help Forum
          « Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 03:42:33 PM »
          I need you to disable "word wrap" in Notepad, and repost your log. Right now, it's hard to read.
          Then, please, be patient. We're not done yet.
          Again, about Norton...do you use just its antivirus, or what's the story about it?

LeonStrider

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 03:55:19 PM »
            Alright, I edited the post now, the log's readable.

I use Norton specifically for its One-Button Checkup feature.  What it does it that is scans my registry, my program integrity, my shortcuts and it cleans up my cache & other files (Recycle Bin, temp. internet files, etc). 

I appreciate everything you're doing for me, and for all the help you're giving everyone in this forum; you're like a one-man team! O.O  Thank you very much.

Broni

Mastermind
              • Computer Help Forum
            « Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 04:04:25 PM »
            You're very welcome :)

I use Norton specifically for its One-Button Checkup feature.  What it does it that is scans my registry, my program integrity, my shortcuts and it cleans up my cache & other files (Recycle Bin, temp. internet files, etc).
            Thank you for clarification.

Now...

HJT log is clean.

1. Download, and install CCleaner: http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds. Get "Slim" version.
            Read CCleaner instruction here: http://www.jahewi.nl/ccleaner/ccleaner.html.
            Run CCleaner.

2. Turn off System Restore:

- Windows XP:
               1. Click Start.
               2. Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.
               3. Click the System Restore tab.
               4. Check "Turn off System Restore".
               5. Click Apply.   
               6.  When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click Yes to do this.
               7. Click OK.
            - Windows Vista:
               1. Click Start.
               2. Right-click the Computer icon, and then click Properties.
               3. Click on System Protection under the Tasks column on the left side
               4. Click on Continue on the "User Account Control" window that pops up
               5. Under the System Protection tab, find Available Disks
               6. Uncheck the box for any drive you wish to disable system restore on (in most cases, drive "C:")
               7. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click "Turn System Restore Off" on the popup window to do this.
               8. Click OK

3. Restart computer.

4. Turn System Restore on.

5. Download, and install free ThreatFire: http://www.threatfire.com/, which will give you real-time protection against malwares.
            It won't interfere with your antivirus, nor firewall.

6. Update me on your computer behavior.

LeonStrider

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 04:33:36 PM »
              Do I use CCleaner on the registry as well?

Broni

Mastermind
                • Computer Help Forum
              « Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 04:34:41 PM »
              You may. It creates backup automatically.

LeonStrider

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 05:29:58 PM »
                Alright, it didn't work.  The problems still stayed; everything from the monitor blinking to the computer freezing while playing a game to just random freezing.

Broni

Mastermind
                  • Computer Help Forum
                « Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 06:33:25 PM »
                OK. Now, we know, your computer is perfectly clean, so we eliminated this possibility.
                I'd advice you to start a new topic under Windows, describing your problem, and posting a link to this thread.
                This is all we could do in this section, and with a new topic you'll get more attention.