Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gaining control over Vista  (Read 2916 times)

theangryjoker

Topic Starter

Gaining control over Vista
    « on: April 24, 2008, 11:10:33 PM »
    I just recently bought a used computer from my sister-in-law. It has windows vista installed and the problem I have is that she and her ex have admin. controls over the computer and of course are password protected.  How can I change this where I can have access to my computer?

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Gaining control over Vista
    « Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 11:21:33 PM »
    I dont think anyone here is going to help you with this. One of these "how do I get around the password" questions are posted every other day and I've never seen anyone get around the CH rules and actually get an answer. Either try another site or buy yourself a good book on computers.
    Why dont you ask your "sister-in-law" what the password is? :-X
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

theangryjoker

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 11:28:35 PM »
      Yes I'm going to ask her what her password is. However she may not know his password and the fact that she and he are now ex friends, this may still be a problem for me. If there is a quick link to other people who have this problem I will most certaintly apreciate it. Thank-you for your reply

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 04:47:59 AM »
      The best thing to do on a used system is to do a clean format and re-install of the OS...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "