Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Defaulted my Desktop?  (Read 2867 times)

Lizz

Topic Starter

Defaulted my Desktop?
    « on: April 25, 2008, 02:31:43 PM »
    My Windows XP was working perfectly fine yesterday, and today when I click on the desktop name I want to go on it tells me it can't load the personal settings so it would just go to a default desktop. It still had all the icons from stuff I had installed onto the computer, but all of my documents are gone. I went on a different user account and all the pictures were there. I also lost allll of my iTunes. I'm really confused. Is there any way to get all my stuff back?

cryhelp

Hopeful
    • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
      Re: Defaulted my Desktop?
      « Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 03:13:01 PM »
      Hi Liz. Could you give us more information about your computer: Brand, Ram & etc. You are running xp is it xp=sp2 or not. What anti-Virus software do you have etc. have you just installed new programs, if only one user account.  The more information you can give the better chance someone can help you.  Did you run system restore?
      "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

Lizz

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 03:49:02 PM »
        Thank you, cryhelp. I have a dell and I didn't even think of doing the System Restore during all my freaking out. It worked, and hopefully this won't happen again.

cryhelp

Hopeful
        • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
          « Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 05:26:04 PM »
          That's great ;D
          "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain