Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need upgrade ideas.  (Read 10317 times)

D3m0sth3n3s

Rookie

Re: Need upgrade ideas.
    « Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »
    i think a good place to start would be seeing what all of your hardware is worth now, like i know the 6 series sells for around 80 bucks now, and since its used you might want to factor in 70$ or 75$, start from there and see how much you get. 
    system:
    Gigabyte p965p-ds3
    Intel core 2duo OC @ 2.4Ghz
    4 gigs DDR2 Patriot
    Evga 9600GT
    750 Watt psu

sjn2009

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 10:00:39 PM »
      I suppose... But how can I know what all is in my computer/worth of it.
      Also don't I have to remove Windows from my HD since i am not an authorized Windows Retailer...

D3m0sth3n3s

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 10:17:14 PM »
        i would use newegg.com its got tons of parts, and probably what you have.  As for microsoft, i dont think they would do anything, its yours to give/sell you bought the cd key after all
        system:
        Gigabyte p965p-ds3
        Intel core 2duo OC @ 2.4Ghz
        4 gigs DDR2 Patriot
        Evga 9600GT
        750 Watt psu

homer

Expert
          « Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 11:57:00 PM »
          i dont have time to factor up an estimate right now, i just have to chime in that if you do end up selling your current rig, i would either A) give them windows and include it in the price or B) wipe the drive of windows and sell it without an OS.

personally i would go with A. most people dont know how to install an OS and would not appreciate having to do it/paying to get it done.

mcxeb52!

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 07:18:33 PM »
          and if you have your own stuff on it ... i'd be sure to delete it before you sell the system away........

homer

Expert
            « Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 10:57:27 PM »
            and if you have your own stuff on it ... i'd be sure to delete it before you sell the system away........

agreed. i would do a re-format/re-install and include the price of the OS with the computer.

alan2273

Beginner
              • Experience: Familiar
              « Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 02:27:44 AM »
              The easiest way I know to find out what your memory is in your computer, is to go to the Crucial memory selector page and let it scan your computer.
              It will then tell you which memory is compatible with your board.
              Also PC Wizard 2008 is more up to date for identifying computer components.
              You can reinstall Windows, even if it is an OEM disk, as that just means it is tied to that computer and cannot be transfered to another one.

quaxo

Guru
                • Yes
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Guru
              « Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 02:48:57 AM »
              The easiest way I know to find out what your memory is in your computer, is to go to the Crucial memory selector page and let it scan your computer.

I have seen their scanner make mistakes before. I'm not saying don't use it, but back up any advice given from their scanner with documentation from the motherboard manufacturer.

alan2273

Beginner
                • Experience: Familiar
                « Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 06:13:12 AM »
                quaxo, yes there scanner can make mistakes but it will tell him what sort of DDR is compatable and from that he will be able to estimate the price for selling it second hand.

mcxeb52!

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008, 12:26:30 PM »
                or just go download CPU-Z if you want to know your computer's specs. OR download Everest if you want CPU-Z's features + computer benchmarks as well.