Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: installing driver  (Read 4327 times)

jimakros

Topic Starter

Rookie
    installing driver
    « on: May 05, 2008, 09:52:23 AM »
    Hi.I tried to installl the disc driver for the Asus 5kc motherboard,but at some point it jumps to DOS and asking if i want to make aRAID  floppy disc?
    what is that and since i dont have a floppy how can i get out from that step and finish the installation?

NOT ADMIN :P

Intermediate

Re: installing driver
      « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 06:40:21 PM »
      are your HDD's formatted correctly?

have you installed your OS yet?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:40:45 AM »
      More info needed...disc driver for what ? ?
      It is asking if you want to create a floppy for using a SATA hard drive.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jimakros

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 07:26:16 AM »
        hi,thanks for the answers.I bought this computer from a computer store and they put everything together,they must have formatted the hard drive because  i just put the Vista disc in and it installed without any problem or asking me anything about the hard drives.The hard drive is SATA.
        The computer now is working.Then,I just tried to install the disc that comes with the motherboard,mainly because i didnt have sound which has to be installed with this disc.It started installing and was about 2thirds done.now the sound is working, when starting the 3rd part about the ethernet i think, it suddenly jumped to Dos and i have this problem.
        Also,i think due to this failure to install this disc,i cant connect to the internet yet,it doesnt see any the modem connection.
        « Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 07:37:48 AM by jimakros »