Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: download link  (Read 3200 times)

anupam498

Topic Starter

Rookie

download link
    « on: May 10, 2008, 07:59:34 AM »
    how to  make a download link for a file so that if any one clicks the link a popup appears asking the viewer to download or cancel the file..   ? if i put normally with a link to the file in web it just plays or open withing the browser.. so how to make a popup link?

pcsourcepoint

Beginner

• Linking For Knowledge
      Re: download link
      « Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 12:56:38 AM »
      You can make a free download link with google pages (page creator). Sign up with them (requires a Gmail account). Upload your file (max size of 100 MB, and they may not support certain files/file types, e.g. mp3's). Then get/copy the url and link to it.

You can also use free online storage sites, and also your own ISP (contact them), or your own web server, etc, to upload files, so that they can be downloaded once the link is clicked,

My example here (using the codes from this forum for the first example):

Code: [Select]
      Download My Freeware Links in [url=http://internetonlinecash.googlepages.com/FreewareLinks.doc]Word (39 kb)[/url].

But generally you would use:

Code: [Select]
      <a href="http://internetonlinecash.googlepages.com/FreewareLinks.doc">Download My Freeware Links in
      Word (39 kb)</a>

Which for both codes above in reality is this: Download My Freeware Links in Word (39 kb)
      You then click on the active link -  Word (39 kb) - to download/cancel the document...

Hope this helps...
      MP3 Free Software Downloads (My Freeware
       reviews for MP3's - Encoders, Editors, Burners, extractors, etc)

Computer Tech Links (My Tips of Internet/Blog/Computer/Software)